Jamf Self Service losing association

CPPS
New Contributor II

e87216df73164094ba0d76390bbe9273
Hi guys, we have about 800-ish iPad's at our school here, and every couple days we get a problem where a few iPad's, maybe 5-10, lose their self service connection, and re-enrolling them is the only way to put them back on.

6 REPLIES 6

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Take a look at manually configuring the Self Service install as an app scoped to all devices, instead of the setting to deploy automatically. Then you can exclude the device from the scope of the app so it uninstalls, then reverse the change to install the app again which fixes the problem.

CPPS
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply, I'll give it a crack... :D

jdgilmor
New Contributor

Did this process actually work? I have the same issue.. Thanks
Jay Gilmore
Kansas State University
jdgilmor@ksu.edu

jdgilmor
New Contributor

Well after investigating the issue I found that our system is already setup for manually deployment. The tab "Display app in Self Service after it is installed was not selected. I did so and it put it back into the Self service file for re-installation. Unfortunately the problem to get to the catalog is not resolved. When you select the Self Service App, it starts to load but then the error scene above shows up, and will not let you reinstall the app. Any thoughts or words of assistance here.
Jay Gilmore
Kansas State University

somnico
New Contributor III

Same issue here. Does anyone have a solution?
Self Service Version 2018071201-(null)

somnico
New Contributor III

After a device reset and re-enrollment it works again.

And after the app update I have the same error again.