#JNUC Meetups?

clifhirtle
Contributor II

Since we're all here to connect with others, how about a thread on ideas/meetups for this week's JNUC?

Hearing good things about Bryant Lake Bowl's microbrew selections, as well Town Hall Brewery for a more local option.

Others?

15 REPLIES 15

andyinindy
Contributor II

I am down for some Town Hall tonight if anyone is interested...

jcritzer
New Contributor

I would love to talk with people who are a Managed Service Provider. Using Casper and other tools to support lots of Macs with lots of unique customers

We could meet tonight around 5pm after the conference at:
Mpls Eagle 515 Washington Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Just a few blocks west of the Guthrie. Reasonable price American type food.

Also meeting for lunch today at the Pohlad Lobby on the 9th level

ckirschner
New Contributor

I'm an MSP and it'd be great to get together. I'll stop by the Eagle for dinner, see you there.

clifhirtle
Contributor II

Sounds great Andy! A couple of us will be at Town Hall Brewery anyway. I hear The Republic has a great local selection as well and is right across street.

Let's say 5p meet time. We'll set up a little JNUC sign so folks can find us.

Here's the info for those who'd like to come out. All invited!

1430 Washington Ave S Minneapolis, MN 55454
(612) 339-8696
http://www.yelp.com/biz/town-hall-brewery-minneapolis

gus
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Be prepared for TownHall to be a little nuts. Great beer, though. Republic's a good choice as well. Great happy hour. $3 beers, and a great selection. Sample some local brews (Steel Toe and Surly beers particularly recommended).

nsdjoe
Contributor II

Looking forward to hangin out with JNUC folks at the Crooked Pint at 6 pm tonight!

colonelpanic
Contributor

Are there any meet-ups planned for tonight? I see the post above me talking about the Crooked Pint at 6pm, wasn't sure if that was an "official" meet up :-)

NoahRJ
Contributor II

Yeah, pretty sure the meet-up at the Crooked Pint is actually an official event.

colonelpanic
Contributor

Great! See everyone there!

clifhirtle
Contributor II

Crooked is official. Original was informal last night.

Any brave enough to hop the bullet train to Mall of America's indoor amusement park post Crooked Pint? Open till 9:30p. $1.75/way. 20m ride on light rail. Riding the coasters after a few local brews then railing back downtown for late night could make for a pretty fun-filled last night in Minni.

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

I'm (sadly) not there with y'all but I feel obligated to tell you about Black Sheep pizza. Go there. Trust me. And they have Hoegaarden.

smithtwin
New Contributor

"Any brave enough to hop the bullet train to Mall of America's indoor amusement park post Crooked Pint? Open till 9:30p. $1.75/way. 20m ride on light rail. Riding the coasters after a few local brews then railing back downtown for late night could make for a pretty fun-filled last night in Minni"

HUGE roller coaster buff and was thinking about heading to the MOA one day before leaving. I'm in! Anyone else?
smithtwin@gmail.com if a group wants to go.

J

jcritzer
New Contributor

Hey there fellow Managed Service Providers,

If you are up to a quiet dinner Wednesday night to discuss our MSP/Casper business' stop by the Mpls Eagle restaurant around 5:30pm. Afterwards we can head over to the after party:
Mpls Eagle 515 Washington Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Just a few blocks west of the Guthrie. Reasonable price American type food.

drhoten
Contributor II

There's also the open house at our downtown Minneapolis office. Feel free to stop by to check it out, we'll have a few beverages on hand. And if your interested in existing or new JSS or self-service plugins, I'd love to talk to you!

jcritzer
New Contributor

Hey there fellow Managed Service Providers,

Lets just meet at the Crooked Pint Ale Wednesday night at 5:30 or so. Hopefully we will be able to hear each other.