JNUC: October 13-15, 2015. Save the Date!

cam
Contributor

fca41d5cbcea48668059b193cf7d22ee

50 REPLIES 50

wdpickle
Contributor

saved! where do we sign up?

david_yenzer
Contributor II

bump This post hasn't been responded to it awhile. When do we get to sign up? :)

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Normandy booked, can't wait!

--
https://donmontalvo.com

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

@donmontalvo Mad Man!
I'm going to consider calling shot gun...

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@donmon I booke aLoft while Ice Out was wrapping up. Right after Chip showed the slide. ;-)

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@stevewood nice, you should try to drag @SeanA to #JNUC2015. :)

--

Shoesmithlc
New Contributor III

Newbie Where is this normally taken place at?

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Minneapolis.

Wakko
Contributor II

Done date is saved, how to get or little badge icons.

MikeF
Contributor II

Any idea how long before the hotel deals are made ?

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

I assume one can call the aLoft and book the dates using the JAMFSOFTWARE event code?

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I think I'll be booking the Residence again. Kitchens are useful things to have!

bollman
Contributor II

And this is confirmed as the dates? I'd rather not book airline ticket now and be left with useless tickets when the dates are changed... ;-)

We're probably three from Lund, Sweden and that would mean a lot of money down the drain, hehe.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

@bollman, dates are most definitively confirmed. Book your flights now! Pro Tip: if you stay within walking distance of the Guthrie, you probably don't need a car, as, unlike most places in the States, the light rail will take you from the airport to within walking distance of the hotels near the Guthrie...

bollman
Contributor II

This will be my third JNUC, I'd say most of Minneapolis is within walking distance. ;-) We stayed at the Normandy last year. The morning walk to Guthrie was a great start of every morning, stopping by some Dunn's for brekkie.

jasontucker
New Contributor

I love the idea of this, as a future customer (sometime next month we're purchasing) I see a great value in this. Flying out from Orange County California this will be my first time going to both MN and going to a JNUC.

loceee
Contributor

JAMF, I'll talk Patchoo... you fly me ? ;)

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

gesundheit

Wait...is that what JAMF is adding to JSS 10? :)

--

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

If you're new to JAMF, JNUC is pretty awesome. Check out last year's sessions and the conference recap video for a preview.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

I need my company to book flight and hotel at the same time (because that's just how they roll when it comes to approving professional development requests). Any idea when we'll get a hotel code or anything?

chris_kemp
Contributor III

I might just make it this year... :)

wdpickle
Contributor

check inboxes (if you haven't already) it is out there!

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Hmm, interesting that the Aloft isn't listed yet on the Accommodations page. Probably just working out some details with them on that, 'cause I can't imagine they aren't going to be participating this year in JNUC discounted rooms. Not that I care much since I don't necessarily like the Aloft.
Has anyone stayed at the Best Western Plus Normandy Inn & Suites before? If so, how was it? It looks OK from what I can see, but I've never been there. Its the most cost effective of the ones listed (although that might be because its a bit further from the Guthrie than the others)
I may just go Residence Inn this time if I can get in there. I always like Residence Inn rooms.

MikeF
Contributor II

The aloft is on the page. I have my reservation from them already and just called to update the price with the code.

I stayed at the Best Western last year but you can beat the aloft for being across the street

jaziz
New Contributor II

Just registered for JNUC and booked aloft, but they were not showing the block for JAMF yet. Will have to call back later to update the price.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@mm2270 I was in the Residence Inn last year. It was nice. I was thinking the Aloft this time round. What didn't you like about it? I wouldn't want to get stuck in a duff hotel!

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@mm2270 I stayed at the Normandy two years ago and it was pleasant. Clean rooms, breakfast is not free but they have a full menu, and they had a shuttle running up to the Guthrie, although I walked every morning and it was the perfect wake up.

I've stayed at the Residence Inn and Renaissance as well, and both are great hotels. I'm staying aLoft again this year just because of the proximity to the Guthrie. I'm not a big fan of their rooms myself. Too trendy for me.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

@stevewood Thanks for the info. I may just go with Residence Inn this time, but still debating it.

And yeah, that's how I would put the Aloft - trendy, though trendy isn't a bad thing in itself. What I'm not crazy about with the Aloft is the food offerings. No free breakfast is not a deal breaker for me since I can expense that kind of stuff with my company. But the menu is important. Aloft's breakfast is pretty limited, and not much place to really sit down and eat it to begin with. Basically its the kind of place you stay at (read: sleep) and go out somewhere else for food. I'm good with that for dinner, but I'm not much of a morning person so going out somewhere for breakfast isn't ideal for me :)

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

Aloft is so convenient to Guthrie and other venues on South Washington, hope we have a room rate with them.

Their bar has table games and a outdoor fireplace, great place to meet other JAMFers. I'm tempted to keep my reservation either way.

Let's see how the Guthrie holds up, is it wrong to take bets on attendance this year?

MikeF
Contributor II

Funny Aloft was on the accomedations page to start with but i see it is gone. I ended up calling the front desk and got a cheaper rate. Reservations did not know any thing about it but calling the front desk did.The guy I talked to said I remember you guys you take over the place for a few days. I like being able to run back to the hotel during the day if needed.

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

Yeah @MikeF I've heard the same. Starwood and Aloft both have great customer service, when I booked with the call center they said they'd ask a manager to follow up with me but you can book a refundable rate to at least get a room for now. Supposedly there's a wedding rate booked too, we'll see how busy it is. : )

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

P.S. Residence Inn has quite a decent breakfast and passable dinner included in the price. Just some FYI. Decent billards room as well. I don't know about room service because I never need it.

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

@mm2270 I've stayed at the Best Western Plus The Normandy Inn & Suites. It's a bit old school. I think the best word to describe it as quaint. I've booked there again for this year. I like the place. I also like that I can park my car in the on-site flat lot and quickly get in and out of the lot as needed.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

I stayed at the Best Western Normandy the last few years, I love it.

--

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

cam
Contributor

Hi everyone,
As you may have seen the JNUC registration page is now live!
JNUC 2015 - Overview

Also, the 2015 JNUC Mini Events page is now available. Mini Events are community-driven activities, meet-ups, and gatherings during the JNUC week. Best of all, anyone can create one. If you're looking to meet new people or chat with administrators working in similar environments, Mini Events are the perfect place organize.
JNUC 2015 - Mini Events

jmig
New Contributor II

I'll likely be there - but I'd like to see a list of the sessions first!

5kinner
New Contributor III

WooHoo! company have approved, my first JNUC, who else is going from the UK? closet airport is MSP right?