JSS Not Updating Mobile Devices to current User

dwhitman
New Contributor

I have several iPads I have to setup so they can be added to the correct Smart Groups on JSS before they go out to the users. Once I have them added I go through and completely wipe all of them (erase all content and settings), then they go to the user. The user goes through the configuration and enters in their AD credentials for the WIFI and to download the configuration profile to the device. They can complete the setup and use the device without any problems. When I check the JSS it shows the device is registered and in the correct smart group, but still shows me as the user instead of the person who just set it up. I saw a post with a similar issue that suggested turning off the following setting during the pre-stage enrollment (Settings -> Mobile Device Management -> Inventory Collection -> Collect user and location information from LDAP). It was initially on so we turned it off and tried setting up one of the iPads again. After the iPad was setup again we checked and JSS is still reporting the wrong user information. This also affects the configuration profiles we have created to push out the email and calendar account settings. Since it is still showing me as the user it wants my credentials instead of the person using the device. Anyone have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

dwhitman
New Contributor

jouwstrab
New Contributor III

I had that same issue. I had to go into my "pre-stage enrollment" and uncheck "use existing site memebership, if applicable" and "use existing location information, if applicable." Alternatively you can completely delete the device record from the JSS and then re-enroll, however you'll have to re-enter any asset tags, etc. that you assigned that device.

That is what worked for me, otherwise my iPads were all assigned to their pre-erased users.

dwhitman
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I will have our admin try your suggestions when he returns from vacation.