JSS User Accounts & Groups

amenard
New Contributor II

I need some help. I have tried using Standard & LDAP Users and Groups but I can't figure out how to give an account Admin privileges in one Site and Auditor privileges in other sites. I am running Casper 9.31. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

iJake
Valued Contributor

You can't have different sets of privileges. If you need a user to switch between I would have groups for the access you want and then change what group access the account has when you need to change it.

Brad_G
Contributor II

Due to the way sites work we've had to do something similar for the ability to upload packages. I think this should work for what your after......but as always...test. We use AD groups so I'm going to approach this from the LDAP perspective.

Create LDAP groups Site1-Admins and Site2-Auditor and add the user to both groups.
Add each group into the JSS and give them each the appropriate site and access you wish.

Then when the user logs in they should be able to switch between sites and have the access you want to give them. Be forewarned that they may see "Access Denied" and similar messages as they switch sites. This is expected as an admin in one site may not have privileges to see the same area of the JSS in another. It's not the smoothest way to operate but it gets the job done.