Late 2013 iMac USB Issues BOOTCAMP

tijones
New Contributor II

Hey Guys,

Got about 500 of these turning up in the next few weeks, and I have issues with the USB,

I'm using Winclone to deploy Windows 7 x64

Found I didn't have Keyboard or Mouse so

Have booted up into OSX and run the

sudo /usr/sbin/bless --device /dev/disk1s2 --setBoot --nextonly --legacy

Installed the drivers from $WINPE$ at the root of the boot camp software "I will try and automate this tomorrow" I may have left these out when I extracted all the drivers for sysprep,

Has anyone automated this yet?

4 REPLIES 4

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor

Our machines work fine with mouse connected to the keyboard.
But we use SCCM TS to install drivers and have included all the drivers in $WinPEDriver$ folder of the BootCamp driver set.

tijones
New Contributor II

What are you using to boot into sccm osd?

Kumarasinghe
Valued Contributor
  1. Create task sequence to make a SCCM Prestage and make sure you have shutdown at the end

2. Create a small FAT32 partition on the Mac (2 GB) manually

3. Boot from SCCM boot CD and run the tasks sequence previously created in Step 1 to put the SCCM prestage media into the FAT32 partition (4) (Task Sequence has to be properly configured to install the tasks on correct partition) and shut down

4. Capture the SCCM Prestage image using Winclone Pro and make it self-extracting one

5. With WinClone 4.2.2 Create PKG of the .winclone with a postflight script to extract it to a specific partition (e.g- disk identifier disk0s4) - using winclone.perl restore command
    /Users/test/Desktop/SCCM_BootCamp_PreStage_3.0_Beta_Winclone422.winclone/winclone_helper_tool --self-extract -b noreplace -p /dev/disk0s4

6. Create a policy with that PKG with a manual trigger

7. Image with a Casper workflow which makes a FAT32 partition (e.g. disk0s4) at imaging time and call that manual trigger from a PostImage script (runs at Reboot) to extract winclone image to it (e.g. disk0s4)

tijones
New Contributor II

Thanks for the pointers, Got it working in the end with 3 reboots and DPinstaller not sure what was going on, Im so keen to try the above, Our WIM files for the OS are around 40GB as the users don't want to try deployed or packaged apps due to a bad experience with Zenworks... Ill see if I can get a chance to try the above.