Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Set Default Screensaver

Hey all, bit of a noob question but very new to the world of Casper Admin and scripting and need some expert advice. One department I manage has created their own Screensaver which they would like deployed to their Mac's. I have packaged and successf...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating Chrome on Macs

I am trying to add a new Chrome pkg to Self Service. I have seen 2 different issues. One is that it still brings the KSADMIN error. The other is that is sometimes does not overwrite the old version of Chrome. I am ok with allowing auto updates, but c...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2016 and Certificates

Hi all, We're trying to roll out Office 2016, and we've been having a certificate issue when setting up Outlook 2016 for the first time. When it tries to connect, it's asking to trust a cert that has nothing to do with our exchange server. Has anyone...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin not mounting Ubuntu JDS

Two weeks ago, we made our master DP a JDS instance running on Ubuntu 12.04LTS. Everything was working great until this morning when Casper Admin started prompting that "The master distribution point could not be mounted". I rebooted the JDS server a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force iOS off a current wifi for another

I'm currently in the process of deploying 400+ iPads in a 1:1 environment. During the setup process we're using one SSID that is broadcasting. After the enrollment is complete we have a profile set up for it to use our hidden SSID network and it's se...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory Default Browser

I'm interested in being able to inventory which browser our users have configured as their default browser. Does anyone have a method in place for this that they could share? I've recently come across defaultbrowser found at https://github.com/kerma/...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Syncing HTTPS only distribution point

We recently set up Box as an HTTPS only distribution point. The good news is this works flawlessly. The bad news is that since Casper Admin can't replicate to it, every file change currently has to be done by hand. I've been trying to work around tha...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Crashplan scripting question

Hi all, Hoping someone can help me here. We're going to be deploying crashplan ProE out to our org soon. In the installer script on the local machine there is a variable for %CP_USERNAME% (or similar) which needs to be the individuals email address. ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Converting .crt files for use in a JSS

I've been trying to wrap my brain around what to do to get four .crt files from our SSL provider into the JSS. The file names are as follows: AddTrustExternalCARoot.crt COMODORSAAddTrustCA.crt COMODORSADomainValidationSecureServerCA.crt .crt What's t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screen Savers

Hi Folks, A strange issue. I have a screen saver locked and I cannot change it on our clients. Right now, we have a profile for the login window to have a screen saver after a minute of idle time. The users when they are logged in, they have the same...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service

Hi, I'm new to JAMF and am trying to test out its functionality ahead of deploying later in the year. Right now I am trying to test the Self-Service portal and basic tasks such as placing an application in there and installing from a machine. However...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Austin JUG Meetup - September 10th

Hi everyone! The Austin JAMF User Group will have it's next meetup on September 10th, 2015, from 6:30pm-8:30pm at HomeAway. Thanks to Jerry and his organization for hosting! We will have an RSVP page up shortly. In the meantime, if you're interested ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy VMWare Fusion 8

I saw in another post there was a deploy vmware fusion.mpkg file that you can put the VM into and a deploy.ini file and all that. I took that file and uploaded to Casper and it goes through and zips as expected, but when I try to replicate it to my t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Modify An API

Is there any way we can have more parameters added in an API? I mean like,right now JSSResource/computers/subset/basic returns a set of attributes for each computer,what if I need more information ? Thank You,Remya  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuickAdd The Installation failed.

JSS version 9.72, Mac OSX version 10.10.5 Good Morning, recently we are seeing an error with enrollment in one of our office's in another location. The enrollment completes, all of the policies run, applications install, profiles come down, and confi...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet connection on iPads

Some students recently approached IT support office in relation to a weird problem. The iPad has Internet connection active via profiles but the iPad was unable to connect to the Internet at school only. When we asked some students to update their ip...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adult Content Block on iPad using Configuration Profiles

We have setup Block Adult Content on students ipad using configuration profiles. We need to know how does it work. Why the websites like below are blocked when we turn on this setting https://aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/corporal-punishment-key-issu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSL Lifecycle

Question question about SCEP on iOS. When JAMF is managing an iPhone and the certificate expires, will JAMF automatically request and install a new cert?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monitor Issues with new Macbooks

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing any issues with the new Macbooks and plugging into monitors. We have an Apple brand adapter for the USB-C port and have a monitor plugged into the HDMI. The monitor will totally wig out and flash colors, unplug...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors