Learning jamf process

user-aPMaJPekhI
New Contributor

First time user. Complete career change after Covid . I start working with a reseller at the end of the month . I’m trying to learn jamf so that I have a basic understanding when I start.

There is so much to learn which is amazing : I guess I want to establish if there is a preferred learning map for a newbie so that I may follow some sort of process.

Apologies if this is in the wrong discussion. I didn't know where to start.

1 REPLY 1

talkingmoose

A complete career change? That takes guts and all the best to you!

Until you have access to Jamf resources that a customer or partner may have, I suggest you start with the Jamf 100. If the link to that changes at any time, just search for the name and you should find it. This is free training and does a great job covering macOS and iOS management in general. Even if you won't be in a technical role, understanding what's presented here will be valuable.

When you want a break from the training modules, have a look at Jamf's Resources page. There, you can find videos from the Jamf Nation User Conference (JNUC), whitepapers, webinars, eBooks and more. Some of it is focussed on high level topics but a lot is technical too.

And while you're at it, sign up for JNUC this year. It's online and free again this year. Jamf is planning for it to return in 2022 to an in-person event in San Diego.

Once you're working with your reseller, see if they can help get you access to whatever assets they can provide you. The Jamf Online Training Catalog would be a great next step in learning more technical details of Jamf products.

Finally, if you're not already a member of the MacAdmins Slack community, sign up and then join the #jamfnation channel and other channels for managing Apple devices.