Licenses are still "In Use" after I removed them off of Jamf Pro

cxiong23
New Contributor

Hi there, 

We are using Jamf School and Jamf Pro. Formerly, we had Jamf Pro, but for some select iPads, are still using Jamf Pro. 

For this particular app, we have 222 purchased licenses, and I removed about 70+ serial numbers off the scope. Jamf Pro is still saying there are 200 in use, with 22 remaining. I have some pushed to Jamf School MDM iPads. Apple School Manager says the same. There are "22" remaining. It's been that number whether I take off or add. 

There are more problems I have, but for this question, I am curious why the "In use" amount doesn't change. I tried to transfer some licenses over (because we had a volume purchasing problem). When I tried pushing the app, it would ask me to sign in with an iTunes account so I just put most of the licenses back into the other MDM that works with volume purchasing. 

Hopefully this makes sense! I took over from our previous Jamf admin so I'm still learning a lot of things and uncovering stuff. 

Thanks for any help! 

4 REPLIES 4

Shyamsundar
New Contributor II

Check the scope of the app, did all user is enabled it’s actually depends the scope 

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

There is a sync between the MDM and the device, and a sync between the MDM and ABM. Typically you just need to remove the devices from the scope of the App Store app (does not matter if it's been installed or not), but there is a sync delay. You can renew the certificates to speed up the sync if its some kind of emergency, but otherwise wait a few hours and it should catch up.

cxiong23
New Contributor

Thanks, 

I did do that with a different amount last week but the number still hasn't changed. I am not sure if the old iPads that have the apps on them need to be powered on and wiped. 

Shyamsundar
New Contributor II

whether you adding any groups or adding the Individual devices in the scope.