Lion configuration profiles and smart groups

lastdanstanding
New Contributor III

Normally, when we install a QuickAdd pkg, or run 'jamf enroll' all appropriate profiles for a machine are applied. This is good. However, we are finding that applying profiles after the fact can be challenging.

All of our computer profiles are scoped to smart groups, and what seems to happen, is that the profiles do not get applied to new members of the smart group(s). The JSS sees the changes to the smart group roster (after a recon has been run of course), but it does not apply profiles to any newly added machines. The best way I've found to get things in sync is to re-run 'jamf enroll' on the machine(s) in question, but that is not ideal. We would much prefer that profiles could automatically be applied to and removed from machines based on smart group membership.

Is this expected behavior or am I missing something?

3 REPLIES 3

lastdanstanding
New Contributor III

JAMF support says this is a known issue, and will hopefully be resolved in version 8.6.

richmac
New Contributor III

Do you know if this issue has ever been resolved? Im running 8.6 and im having the same issues as you describe above.

Not applicable

I am having the same problem. Mainly I don't want to give our level 2 techs access to the Configuration Profiles, only groups, but adding Systems to the groups doesn't always work. Not only does it not work when added, sometimes the configuration profiles just vanish randomly. Adding the computer directly to the profile in scope works fine.