loading token, get error: Problem Contacting Apple Services

jbresee
New Contributor III

Hi Folks,

New to JAMF Pro. I'm going through the steps to connect JAMF to Apple Business manager. I was able to create the MDM on Apple Business Manager and download the token. When I upload the token, I get an error "Problem Contacting Apple Services".

Any suggestions on how to resolve?

12 REPLIES 12

luke_michelson
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

You need to allow outbound connections to Apple’s 17.0.0.0/8 block over TCP ports 2195 and 2196 from your server.

jbresee
New Contributor III

Thanks for the reply!

I'm running in the JAMF cloud. Shouldn't that already be the case?

luke_michelson
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I assume you are correct as I run Jamf on-premises and needed to ensure the ports were open for my instance. 

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@jbresee Some pages you'll find very useful for determining what ports/servers need to be open for using Jamf Pro and managing Apple devices:

Network Ports Used by Jamf Pro 

Use Apple products on enterprise networks 

If your Apple devices aren't getting Apple push notifications 

jbresee
New Contributor III

Those are helpful, but do they apply when JAMF Pro in the cloud is contacting Apple directly cloud-to-cloud?

scottb
Honored Contributor

FWIW @jbresee - I had this happen a week ago exactly, and I just kept trying and it worked on like the 10th try...maybe on Fridays, Apple do some maintenance?  There was nothing wrong on my setup (also cloud) and it took a while, but worked.  Good luck!

jbresee
New Contributor III

Thanks Scott. I've tried hammering it over the weekend. No luck yet.

user-IUsJxvLxeb
New Contributor III

@jbresse did this ever work for you?

jbresee
New Contributor III

Yes, I deleted and recreated the token on the apple biz side.

gskibum
Contributor III

This happened to me just now. I know it isn't a port thing because there are other Apple Business Manager accounts attached to this same JSS that are not having the problem.

I tried multiple times with no luck. Then I uploaded a new public key and download a new .p7m and still no luck.

So I tried like 20 times and it finally took.

scottb
Honored Contributor

See my post above...have had the same experience twice now, and just retrying over and over gets it.
Why?  No clue, but it stinks! 😏

gskibum
Contributor III

Ha! So it happened with two more ABM accounts and two JSSs.

Rebooting the JSS hosts did the trick.