Local account

Kidcupcake
New Contributor

I'm attempting to image a Macbook pro running Monterey, it goes through the standard enrollment process but then instead of taking me to my organization's log in screen it loads to a local account log in screen, if I let it sit on the network for a while it finally prompts for the org sign in but it never loads the policies. Has anyone ever encountered this before? 

8 REPLIES 8

Nicholaus
Contributor

What are you leveraging to display your company's sign in screen?

We use azure 

Sorry, I meant what in Jamf are you using to display the company login screen? Are you using Jamf Connect?

Oh ok, yeah we use jamf connect 

Nicholaus
Contributor

Are you deploying the Jamf Connect configurations, license, and packages as part of the PreStage enrollment? With those in place in the prestage, it should take you directly to the Jamf Connect login page.

Yes we are

SMR1
Contributor III

Sounds like you need to erase the mac and start over again and it should work after that. We use Azure and we've had to erase the Mac for it to grab the logon screen.

Nicholaus
Contributor

Rather than erasing a Mac, you can send a policy to reset authchanger so that the Jamf Connect Window will display.

If you have a computer that has already gone through enrollment and won't show the Jamf Connect Login screen, create a Policy and configure the Files and Processes tab. Use the "Execute Command" field to reset authchanger by populating it with: 

authchanger -reset -JamfConnect

Then scope the policy to the device that is stuck on the default macOS login screen and wait a couple minutes (or however long you have your check-in frequency set to) for it to trigger.

For devices that will be enrolling in the future, you could push out a configuration profile in your prestage enrollment that tells authchanger to reset to Jamf Connect. Here's the documentation on that (it's at the very bottom): authchanger - Jamf Connect Documentation 2.29.0 | Jamf

Jamf Connect should already be resetting authchanger as part of the install, but it sounds like you're having a delay for that to trigger currently.