Login policies not executing

ShakataGaNai
New Contributor III

I'm trying to setup a simple login policy that checks to make sure the management account password is set correctly and the Self Service app is in the dock. So far this isn't working, I found out that if I tail /var/log/jamf.log I see the following:

Mon Feb 25 15:08:51 K0118 jamf[143]: Could not connect to the JSS. Looking for cached policies...
Mon Feb 25 15:08:58 K0118 jamf[320]: Checking for policies triggered by "startup"...

(EOF)

$ sudo jamf version
version=8.62

So, it is executing startup policies, but not login policies. In Settings > Computer Management Framework > Login/Logout Hooks - I've checked everything but the "Apply User Level Managed preferences", so it definitely should be doing login scripts/checks.

2 REPLIES 2

Munkeee
New Contributor III

This only on one machine or all? Looks like it is not connecting to the JSS in the first place. If this is the case, it may not pickup the login hooks, which means no login policy. Can you recon the machine? Try enrolling it. again...
sudo jamf enroll

frozenarse
Contributor II

From the info it does seem like it is an issue with connecting with the JSS. I thought i'd just throw out this info just in case that isn't the cause....

A few weeks ago I noticed 2 machines no longer running login policies. Turns out the users installed an application that took over the LoginHook.

defaults read /var/root/library/preferences/com.apple.loginwindow

Might want to check to make sure it is still using the JAMF hooks.