NetBoot/SUS Can't Save?

vadmin
New Contributor

When I fire up the NetBoot and try to make a change of any kind it says at the top of the web page and at the bottom "Could not save settings". Should I just ignore this?

3 REPLIES 3

ironjackflint
New Contributor

Did you manage to resolve this? I;m am having this issue with a brand new install of Neboot/SUS.

dan_kubley
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Sorry to hear of the issue with saving settings in the Netboot/SUS appliance. We have had a couple of other clients with this same problem, and it has been resolved by removing the appliance and re-installing it. Please give this a try if the problem is still present.

seabash
Contributor

Adding my name to the list of NetBoot SUS users afflicted by "Could not save settingsCould not save settingsCould not save settings" errors (literally how error reads).

My orginal NBSUS works fine, which is on OS X 10.7.4 client via VirtualBox. It was also created under v 1.0.(1?), and since upgrade to v1.0.2.

The troubled NBSUS is on a separate Mac running OS X 10.8.2 w/ Server.app. Incidentally, this was built from scratch w/ NBSUS v1.0.2, had some initial anomalies—namely, I could not access webadmin GUI; only shelluser (via vm), AFP and SMB (using default passwords).

After poking around, I noticed the ssl site was not enabled. After creating symlinks to default ssl site (using the "good" NBSUS as reference), I was able to get the webadmin page to load. However, the "can't save..." errors continue to appear at top and bottom of the GUI, and no changes can be saved.

I'll try your advice and start again, but this was from scratch.

UPDATE: recreating NetSUS_1.02.ova via import in VirtualBox worked fine the 2nd and 3rd times.
It works best if you don't modify the vm during import; just leave defaults, e.g. name "vm", etc. Once import completes, change config as preferred.