Logind or Launchd plist file and how to run it?

metalfoot77
Contributor II

Hi folks, I have an app (NetSupport School) that has a client app that needs to run on each machine it is installed. It came pre-packaged with a logind.plist file that contains all the info needed however I am not sure how to use it to have this client start on all machines? What am I missing here?

Here's what the file looks like:

<plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>KeepAlive</key> <false/> <key>Label</key> <string>com.netsupport.logind</string> <key>LimitLoadToSessionType</key> <array> <string>LoginWindow</string> </array> <key>OnDemand</key> <false/> <key>ProgramArguments</key> <array> <string>/Applications/NetSupport/NetSupportSchool/Client.app/Contents/MacOS/Client</string> <string>--notaps</string> </array> </dict> </plist>
2 REPLIES 2

metalfoot77
Contributor II

Ok, so I figured this out that I actually didn't need to do anything. The plist above resides in /Library/LaunchAgents and should run automatically. The vendor package also came with a mobileconfig file for Jamf which I am using as a config profile to approve a variety of things it needs. One of those "things" it needs to have approved is loginwindow which is approved in the Config Profile but never actually shows approved, nor does the client launch on login. So almost there but just wanted to post update if anyone else was thoroughly confused like me.

mgshepherd
Contributor

@kricotta How is your experience with using NetSupport School? I've gone down the same path as you but I'm seeing inconsistencies with it working correctly. Most of the time when the instructor station brings up the app, it pulls a hand full of machines with grey screens. When you try to connect to a machine it throws an error. Pretty frustrated along with the teachers.