Looking for VPN software

ahopkins
New Contributor II

I have a new macbook pro, running maverick. I looking for a VPN software that will let me connect to our casper network away from the district. Our IT person doesn't want to point the URL out. I'm in a school that doesn't allow our devices out of the building, so he doesn't see the purpose.

Any software suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

technicholas
Contributor

What firewall appliance do you use? You should be able to create a IPSEC VPN using your firewall.

Or you could use TeamViewer and connect straight to the server or LogMeIn.

ahopkins
New Contributor II

We use an M86 something… I'm not a full IT person, I handle casper portal, iPads, enrollments, etc. The "Real" IT guy does all the server work, and everything else. I was looking for something that I could log into the network with, and log into the casper network. I don't want to access the server.

technicholas
Contributor

You'd have to get a laptop or desktop inside the network run TeamViewer you can remote in from home and get whatever you need done on Casper easier if you do not want to create a VPN network.

ahopkins
New Contributor II

So have a computer running the JSS, make sure team viewer is enabled on that, then Logmenin or team viewer into that computer?

This is really easier than setting up a VPN?

Ok,