Mac Appears in JAMF, assigned in ASM, but not appearing in Automated Device or Prestage Enrollment

Leadehh
New Contributor

Hi All,

I have a machine which is appearing in JAMF when searched for under the Inventory tab. However, it is not showing up in the Settings > Global > Automated Device enrolment menu, or in Computers > Enrollments > Prestage Enrollments. Can confirm that it exists in JAMF and is enrolled in the MDM in ASM.

As it does not exist in 'Prestage enrollment' when booting it doesn't go through prestage enrollments.
I can enrol the device using the online login https://ourjssdomain/enrol, however this is a specific use case where I need the machine to be enrolled through Prestage as the machine could be wiped whilst the user is on the go for security reasons.

When running sudo profiles renew -type enrollment get the message: DEP enrollment failed: No device Enrollment configuration was found for this computer (MDMDeviceEnrollment:103)

Which is obviously occurring because JAMF hasn't got it selected to run the device enrollment config, because it doesn't exist in there.

Any idea on why the machine wouldn't be showing in prestage and automated device enrollments?

A really odd one. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

There is likely something wrong on Apples side with this device, but the steps I would take are below.

If it's just this device having issues.

• Make sure the device is assigned to an MDM in Apple Business Manager.
  • Renew your MDM Certificate.
  • Delete the Devices Inventory Record (Probably won't help in this specific case).
  • Contact Apple.

If its multiple devices having this issue.

• Make sure the devices are assigned to an MDM in Apple Business Manager.
  • Renew your MDM Certificate.
  • Contact Jamf.

Jason33
Contributor III

I had a case for this issue last week; Jamf identified this as a product issue, and opened PI119894. What they suggested, and what worked for me, was to leave the device in ABM, however, unassign it from your Jamf instance and wait 24 hours, then assign. My problem device showed up afterwards; your methods may vary but I'd give that a try.

RaGL
New Contributor III

Same issue for us and leaving it for 24 hours unassigned in ABM, then re-assign, did the trick.