Mac is becoming unmanaged when enrolling through DEP/ADE

Asifahmed
New Contributor III

What are the possible causes we can expect to become mac device unmanaged in JAMF Pro console? As enrollment is not completed successfully so we cant see any enrollment log under /var/logs

How can I do the troubleshooting to fix this issue.

4 REPLIES 4

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I''ve been running into this too and have an open ticket with jamf that we are starting to dig into it.  I'd recommend doing that as well for visibility.

Typically, I will brute force it by enabling it manually in the web console, then doing a wipe and reload.  

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II
How can I do the troubleshooting to fix this issue.

Honestly, I recommend contacting JAMF. The logs you will be wanting on the JAMF System Logs, just search for the devices SN. You should see chatter about the device trying to enroll. Something is failing, renewing certificates is usually an early troubleshooting step. 

SCCM
Contributor III

normally only see this when companies have alot of things gong on during enrolment i.e loads of apps installing. Jamf recommended keeing the enrolemnt minimal, i.e just jamf connect if required and base config profiles. The others profiles and apps can install after enrollement complete.

grecopj
Contributor

Check to make sure nothing is getting block by your firewall. Check especially the outgoing and incoming to Apple. My Network team had done some updates which caused some things to get blocked.