MacOS 10.14 finder integrated "Share" menu and Jamf Pro issue

dtrockman
New Contributor III

I have employees interested in using Kiwi2 app for Gmail so that they can get the finder integrated "Share" features with Gmail without using the Apple Mail app. We have banned the Apple Mail app because it does not work with our signature generator and can be a terrible data hog.

I seem to be able to get the Share integration to install but I think that Jamf is blocking the ability to use the function and it is grey'd out in the pref pane. The sharing to mail simply does not appear in any app or finder use case. The developer says they have not seen this problem with their software on 10.14.x

I have done a complete clean reinstall with no effect.

Any ideas on why this is not available or things I might do in my policies to enable or prevent a block?

If you want to try it out, Kiwi2 for Gmail (full) is free right now on the App store.

See attached image from pref pane.da958f62ad4f47d09cd8f4a008a91640

1 REPLY 1

dtrockman
New Contributor III

I finally figured this out. Share menu is controlled in a policy but the change allowing all was ineffective until I allowed for user to have access to the profiles system preference. Now they can delete the profiles, but that has solutions.