macOS Control Center restriction location

Vulpox
New Contributor

I have recently taken responsibility of jamf pro from a previous employee and have never really used it before so this is a learning experience. I have a Macbook Pro on Ventura OS in a computer group with a Staff Restrictions profile applied. This profile is somehow completely disabling Control Center and the ability to set a Screen Saver with the message "Control Center settings are not available. These settings are controlled by a profile." I can exclude the device from the profile and gain access to the Control Center and Screen Saver settings but not when it's applied. I figured these settings would be located under the Restrictions payload under Preferences but I see no such setting specifically targeting these. Does anyone know where / what is the setting that controls these? Is it another name or in another location? What am I missing? I see no specific setting to enable / disable. Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

2_scoops_rice
New Contributor

Hi Vulpox,

I am also looking in restrictions and could not find anywhere to enable Control Center in Jamf Pro for macOS 13 Ventura. Please let me know if you found the setting for this. Thanks. 

I did a test and cloned the configuration profile and scope it specifically to my non-production MacBook Pro. In the restriction payload in the preferences tab I checked Parental Control and it enabled control center, battery, and screen saver in system settings. I hope this helps.