Making a client side cert trusted and pushed to Mac clients

jdizzo
New Contributor

Hi jamfNation,

I'm fairly new to using JAMF and Mac's in general. I've been a windows SCCM admin most of my career. I've ran into an issue that I'm hoping you guys can help with.

Scenario - Have a client side cert that was given to me to push out along with an application. I've packaged up the app and plist files, but I can't seem to get the cert pushed and installed correctly. If I use a config profile and configure the "Certificate" payload. I can see the cert get pushed to the makes, but it isn't trusted and the application still presents the message about the cert not being trusted.

I name the cert, upload the .cer file and check the "allow all apps access, but still no luck.

I've even tried to use composer to capture the changes and create a pkg file. I manually install the cert then set it to "always trust" and create the package. When I push the package out, the application still spits out the cert not being trusted.

Can someone please let me know what I'm doing wrong or what other options I have for getting this pushed so the users don't get that pop-up window?

I've seen other posts that say run this or that command, the only one I was able to run successfully was this command "security add-certificates pan.cer". The question is how do I get the cert to remote systems and run that command?

Thanks in advance

0 REPLIES 0