managed apple id asking for passcode

binjali
Contributor

I am trying to sign into a managed iPad with a managed apple ID.  I have the iPad on a working wi-fi network.  When I put in the AppleID, a new screen pops up asking for a "passcode" but no code arrives at my notification email or my phone.  What passcode is being asked for and where do i get it?

4 REPLIES 4

ajaysutton
New Contributor III

I would try logging in at appleid.apple.com and verifying that the Apple ID works.  Something similar happens for me at work when I sign in to the App Store with my personal account.  After I sign in I get prompted for the computer password.  I wonder if there's not something like that going on?

RLR
Valued Contributor

Is it setup as a shared iPad? I think I've read somewhere that shared iPads that use azure/google federated Managed AppleIDs will ask you to set a passcode on a shared device to save you putting in your managed apple id password each time.

jcarr
Release Candidate Programs Tester

The iPad may be managed by your Jamf Pro, but is it associated with the org's ABM/ASM? or was it device enrolled?

If memory serves, verification codes are not required when logging into a device associated with the same org as the Managed Apple ID.  Verification codes can be generated by an admin (probably site manager and people manager roles as well) via ABM/ASM for other devices.

Um, where can the verification codes be generated? I don't see any place to do that.