Managed Apple ID (ASM) Verification

kevin_v
Contributor

We have no way of providing a phone number for verification text/call of a managed Apple ID in Apple School Manager.

Is there any way around this?

Many people do not want to use their personal phone numbers already tied to personal iCloud accounts and we do not have any suitable phone numbers available for this verification process.

I see no way of disabling Two-step/Two-Factor authentication in ASM and if I try to log in to appleid.apple.com - I am prompted to setup two-step authentication.

Is there a better way to do this? We don't need all our managed apple IDs having two-step/factor auth, especially kiosks, shared units, etc.

2 REPLIES 2

ZGBanks
New Contributor II

I believe there's no way around it according to Apple. It can be a pain, but I use my personal number (which is linked to my personal iCloud account) and it hasn't been a problem except for when I forget to reset it for a new user then I get authentication texts and have no idea where they're coming from until/unless someone calls me and asks for the code. Then I remember to reset it. LOL. If you have a landline, you can use that and receive a phone call with the authentication code, however.

edickson
Contributor

@ZGBanks That's pretty cool, didn't realize you could use a land line for verification.