mcx finder sidebar showing server volumes 10.8.1

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

Hi guys

I am having a problem with mcx sidebars in 10.8.1 and was wondering if anyone else found the same problem

Scenario

Step 1

So I did the normal thing with an os of setting the finder and sidebars and finder preferences and dragging mounted server volumes to the favourites section of the sidebar of the finder.

I then logged in as root and copied those prefs to the User Template, captured with Composer, corrected permissions, created pkg and added to the build.

Step 2

I am using WGM for MCX and noticed that after the build and the user loggs in mcx works because I can see some managed settings taking effect.

The problem is in the sidebar I do not have showing the mounted server volumes.

Please note to rule anything out I am only using mcx to manage the login window, login items and to disable the home sync for mobile accounts and that is it I am not even touching Finder mcx or importing sidebard prefs.

Step 3

If I unmount the mounted volumes and then mount them again they then show up in the Finders sidebar.

Step 4

I then rebuilt the machine with just the OS AD binding without the User Template but still experience problems

If I completely disable mcx on the client machine all is ok.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

I found a bug with the finder and reported it to Apple under Bug 12245427

workaround is to have a finder window open first, pause 10 seconds create a launch agent to run a script to map the shares.

If i do this then the server volumes show in the sidebar.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

I found a bug with the finder and reported it to Apple under Bug 12245427

workaround is to have a finder window open first, pause 10 seconds create a launch agent to run a script to map the shares.

If i do this then the server volumes show in the sidebar.

Hope this helps