MDM profile installation failed

Abdul
New Contributor

just installed JSS to manage our iOS devices, I get this error when I try to install the MDM profile, the server certificate for invitation=14336..................... is invalid.

5 REPLIES 5

bjohnson
New Contributor

This may seem like a silly question, but how long have your had the Casper Suite? Typically after you purchase you have a scheduled meeting time with JAMF and they get everything setup and running smoothly. Have you had this training with them?

kyle_bareis
New Contributor III

Hey Abdul,

It could be several things that could cause the JSS or the iOS device to refuse these settings. If you could, please check to make sure that your Tomcat SSL certificate matches your JSS URL. If those two settings do not match, the device will refuse the connection. Also, are you enrolling via OTA enrollment or tethered enrollment? Finally, what platform did you install the JSS on and what version of Java did you install? Did you get the JCE files loaded properly if you installed on Windows?

Please let us know about these few things and we will be able to help you get your iOS devices enrolled!

Thanks,
Kyle Bareis
Inside Systems Engineer
kyle.bareis@jamfsoftware.com

mecarlton
New Contributor

I work in a school system with about 2,000 iPads and we had a similar issue pop up with a few of the iPads when trying to enroll their MDM profile. The resolution that I found was that the Date and Time were wrong on the particular iPad even though 'Set Automatically' was 'On'. I just had to set the date and time manually and then switch back on for it to set automatically. I was then able to install the MDM profile with no issues. Hope this helps. Thanks, Mike

Epere
New Contributor

Thank you Mike,
This is the exact issue and solution we had today.

allencreech
New Contributor II

I ran into this issue as well. I had Locations Services turned off, which caused the auto-time zone function of date & time to fail, and even though the time was correct on my iPad the device would install the CA but not the MDM cert/profile. Once location services was enabled I went back into date & time, turned auto date & time off/back on, verified the time & time zone were correct, then deleted the CA and re-enrolled. Simple huh?