Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

dmg left on user's desktop?

I have a package or two that leave a dmg file on desktops of users. hasanyone seen this before and know what I might be missing? (I don'tthink this matters, but currently, I'm seeing it with my Filemaker Pro10 dmg file) thanks. -LAUREN NICHOLASUser S...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Parental Controls

Ok, so I have a site that decided to somehow manage to turn on ParentalControls for all of it's AD users.. My problem is finding out a way todisable or turn off the Parental Controls from all accounts. (Of courseby enabling this feature, people are n...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote Freezing

I'm having a weird problem: on some packages, Casper Remote will freezeat "downloading package x" but when I look at the logs on the JSS itsays it's completed successfully and also on the client, it hascompleted successfully. I have to force-quit the...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sidebar mounted disks (Ryan Harter)

I have run into this problem in the past, and have found that, although the admin runs the risk of interrupting a transfer, a simple killall Finder command will get rid of the remnant disk icon. Just enter killall Finder in the final policy window as...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.5.7 printing

Anyone using a 10.5.7 image bound to OD using managed printers? I'm getting an authentication error and can't log into machines. Jeffrey A. StraussDepartment of Educational TechnologySystems AdministratorLoyola High School of Los Angeles1901 Venice B...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sidebar mounted disks

Hi- Are people having problems with disk images not being removed from users' sidebars when they're done deploying? They're not mounted but stick in the sidebar. The only way to get rid of it seems to be by dragging it off the sidebar. I'd like to ha...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

scripting

John, One thing you will definitely need to do is to put double quotes around anyvariable that has a value that contains spaces. So for instance, in yourexample for kid_pix, you used double quotes when you assigned the value tokid_pix, but not when y...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

scripting...

Hi, I'm trying to get my script (which works locally) to deploy over Casperand it's not. I'm trying to determine whether there are certaindirectories present and, if there are, run a command to install an iteminto the dock. I have used the built-in p...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.5.7 server

Wondering if anyone has upgraded their Casper/JSS server to 10.5.7 yetand, if so, if you did that via SWU or by manually downloading andinstalling the upgrade. Thank you - and Happy Friday! Jeff JohnsonTechnology CoordinatorGlendale-River Hills Schoo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Linux deployment

Dear all, have you ever tried to deploy Linux image back to a mac ? What do you use to make the image of the linux partition? Would "dd" be too slow for 40 machines to be deployed at the same time on a 1Gpbs network enviroment? My main goal is to hav...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

wake macs via network

Dear all, I would like to be able via Casper Policies to power on computers, let mac start (with a delay) and then make a dd or a winclone for deploying a new image of linux or windows.I will have a triple boot with rEfit has anybody look into this? ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon on 10.4.11

Dear allI encounter a little problem with some imacs 10.4.11.When I run recon as admin, I cannot click Submit since is grayout anybody has a solution for this thanks in advancecheers Carmelo Lopez Portilla ITS EMBL Heidelberg  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't SSH into 10.5 macs - Port 22 Connection Refused

I posted this problem a few months back and found a temporary solution whichworks but really hamstrings my package pushing capabilities. Hoping now tofind a solution. The problem is that I cannot SSH into most (but not all) of my 10.5.6 macson the fl...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote Script params problem. 6.0.1 Bug??

I think I found a bug in Casper Remote when passing script parameters. I'm using theBashExample.sh script here. Here is how to recreate the bug: Launch Casper Remote and login to JSS Select Computers -> any machine Goto Scripts -> Select BashExample....  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OD Binding

Has anyone had trouble using the OD binding script in the resource kit to securely bind machines to OD? I'm hard-coding the values in the script and am running it "After." The computer binds, but the machine account doesn't show up in Workgroup Manag...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

ImageBootCamp.sh

I'm receiving the following error when trying to run the imageBootCamp.sh during imgaing: The script does not exist in the Scripts folder. Has anyone seen that? Jeffrey A. StraussDepartment of Educational TechnologySystems AdministratorLoyola High Sc...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Downloaded Packages

Hi- I noticed on my test partition today that it was out of hard drive space. I thought that was a bit odd and went poking for things to delete and found that /Library/Application Support/JAMF/Downloads had a few packages in it that were quite large....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

I can't be the only one who...

Finds Adobe enragingly difficult. Why.... Christ on a pony why, would they distribute a patch as an app?! I'm talking about the Reader 9.1.1 update. Does anyone know who, (i.e. An actual human being) we can complain to about these shenanigans? It def...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

[BULK] GSX integration

I get the problem when i look up something, both individual and from smartlists. I go to inventory and find a computer, clicks edit and go to the Purchasing Info tab, clicks retries information from the GSX, the the error shows up.Looking at the casp...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

GSX integration

I am having trouble getting the GSX integration to work as planed My GSX account has these setting: Can check Coverage/WarrantyCan access Repair HistoryCan Access Web Services It get an error like this every time i try to look something up org.apache...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

ADmitMac deployment

For those who are ADmitMac users- I am getting an error when trying to deploy our ADmitMac package on myconfig on casper imaging. Here is what I got: An error occurred executing the policy "Binding" on the computer"MREVLIB03". Event log from the poli...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox 3.0.10 deployment

Hi- Is anyone having trouble with Firefox 3.0.10 deployment? I know it seems like a simple thing, but I'm running into problems. My policy is basically, run a prescript that consists of "killall firefox-bin" to make sure that firefox isn't running du...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

FUT, ownership, and permissions

OK so here goes, I have this application that I want to use, it's a Password ExpirationMonitor that sits in the Menu Bar and displays the days until theirpassword expires, also if you click on it the menu has a "changepassword" option and opens syste...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

authenticating...

I am no longer prompted upon NetBoot for AD authentication to use CasperImaging. This is a big security issue for us and I desperately need toremedy this. How can I mass edit the Autorun data or delete what was setwith it so that staff is prompted fo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

self-healing...

I'm working on configuring my options for Self Healing and am wonderinghow many of you have it set up. What I'd like to have is a system thatwould automatically populate whatever Autorun data that was needed for agiven computer to do Self Healing on ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Feature Request - Tracking Decommissioned Machines

More and more Casper is also becoming a tool to track all of our computer assets. Eventually a computer gets too old for us to use or is deemed not repairable. In our old inventory system (Which we are still running simultaneously as well.) we can ch...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Grep(?) or other method for a logged on user.

Hello, I was looking for a command that I could use to verify that a user is logged onto their machine before a policy is run (as opposed to a machine being on, but sitting at the login screen) I want to make sure that they are logged in so they are ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors