MDM Profile, new JSS and wifi

Hafiz
New Contributor II

I have set-up a new JSS on CentOS 7. We have made a dns change so all MacBooks will now point to the new JSS and now all the MacBooks are checking in.

However, we are unable to push out configuration policies, we believe this is to do with MDM Profiles on the MacBooks having the name of the old JSS, this name does not match the hostname of the new JSS. We have tried putting in a new MDM profile, but unfortunately we have pushed out wifi access settings as a configuration profile so if we replace the MDM profile we also lose the wifi on each MacBook for several seconds before the replacement configuration for wifi kicks in (all configurations get wiped). Is there some way to replace the MDM Profiles on the MacBooks without momentarily losing the wifi on them.

5 REPLIES 5

Malcolm
Contributor II

I did something to this once, where i pushed the wrong user details within my wifi profile accidentally to all iPads instead of just one ipad.

The solution was to amend the wifi profile push it out again, and have them update from home.

Hafiz
New Contributor II

In this case the wifi profile is correct, it's just that when a new MDM profile is pushed out it wipes clean the wifi profile (deletes it) and pushes out a new one. Is there a way to just edit the MDM profile (the JSS server entry) without affecting anything else?

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@Hafiz Profiles remove before re-applying.

Maybe push out a recon created quickadd to the Mac clients? That should re-enrol them with the new details & pull down the scoped profiles again.

Hafiz
New Contributor II

@bentoms Oh I see thanks! So if just create a quickadd package, add it into Casper with Casper Admin, and then scope out the package to all the Macs on the estate, it should work?

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@Hafiz it may.. But with 3 threads over various issues.. Please contact support to get things all set right.