Microsoft Edge for IOS XML Configuration

Lessardrp
Contributor

Since there's no configuration profile options for the IOS Microsoft Edge browser, I assume the only option I have to do any customization is to add XML to the App Configuration tab within the Edge Mobile app page. Does anyone have or can point me towards official guidance on Edge settings options using this method? 

Specifically, I am looking to disable Copilot in IOS Edge because it's driving people nuts in certain web-based apps. But it would be nice to have documentation on customizing any number of web browser settings if anyone has any.

I've seen some references, but they all appear to apply to MacOS Edge and I need any information on configuration options for IOS Edge.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Thanks for the prompt reply. I see this article is specific to Intune management of the Edge mobile app. I do have access to Intune but we have not migrated to Intune as a MDM. Are you saying to use Intune to create a mock Edge configuration profile and export the associated XML configuration data for use in Jamf?

Thanks for that information. Do you think this would suffice? Can I just go into the Edge mobile app section in Jamf and copy and paste this into the app configuration section? Does it need all the header data or need to be formatted in anyway other than what's below? Thanks.

<dict>

<key>EdgeCopilotEnabled</key>

<false/>

</dict>