Migration from a JSS and JDS to a JSS and File Server

mpatterson2100
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

We are building a new jamf Pro environment which uses a file server distribution point rather than a JDS. Would anyone be able to provide any guidance regarding on how to perform a migration from an environment that uses a JSS and JDS to one that uses a JSS and file server distribution point. It seems like there is a lot of guidance relating on how to move from an environment which uses a file server distribution point, to one that uses a JDS, but not a lot of guidance on how to move the other way around.

Our current environment consists of a single RHEL 6 server which hosts a JDS and JSS. Our new environment consists of two RHEL 7 servers. One to host the JSS, the other to host the file server distribution point. We are looking for a way to migrate as efficiently as possible.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, and please let me know if you have any suggestions for tips.

2 REPLIES 2

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

If it were me I would contact my Jamf Buddy to be sure it gets done right :)

dmw3
Contributor III

@mpatterson2100 Were you able to migrate from JDS to File Server DP? We are looking at the same process as we are having troubles with the JSS to JDS sync.