ML FirstBoot scripts & iCloud

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

So recently (last week or so), I noticed that on the ML builds, the machines restart after the initial casper portion (normal), and reboot to the adobeinstall (normal), but now when it logs into the adobeinstaller to run all the stuff at reboot, the adobeinstaller boots to iCloud setup and sits there until I cancel.

Further, after I cancel the icloud, it finishes the installs as normal and reboots to the OS login screen, waits for a bit as if it's finished, then will reboot again. This started happening around the same time as the icloud thing started popping back up.

2 REPLIES 2

themacdweeb
Contributor

not much of a solution but i am looking for a way to prevent the iCloud set-up wizard from running as well.

rmanly
Contributor III

rtrouton's bootscript method to prevent iCloud etc. works well.

https://github.com/rtrouton/rtrouton_scripts/tree/master/rtrouton_scripts

I tweaked it a bit and do it in a function call if the minor version of the os is >= 7. Here are the relevant parts of my bootscript.

version=$(sw_vers -productVersion | awk -F. '{ print $2 }')
user_templates=("/System/Library/User Template/"*)
user_homes=(/Users/*)

# Disables iCloud pop-up on first login for 10.7 and 10.8 Macs
icloud() {
    for template in "${user_templates[@]}"; do
        defaults write "${template}/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SetupAssistant" DidSeeCloudSetup -bool TRUE
        defaults write "${template}/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SetupAssistant" GestureMovieSeen none
    done

for home in "${user_homes[@]}"; do
        if [[ -d "${home}/Library/Preferences" ]]; then
            defaults write "${home}/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SetupAssistant" DidSeeCloudSetup -bool TRUE
            defaults write "${home}/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SetupAssistant" GestureMovieSeen none
            chown "${home##*/}" "${home}/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SetupAssistant.plist"
        fi
    done

if [[ "${version}" -eq 8 ]]; then
        for template in "${user_templates[@]}"; do
            defaults write "${template}"/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SetupAssistant LastSeenCloudProductVersion 10.8.2
        done

for home  in "${user_homes[@]}"; do
            defaults write "${home}"/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SetupAssistant LastSeenCloudProductVersion 10.8.2
            chown "${home##*/}" "${home}/Library/Preferences/com.apple.SetupAssistant.plist"
        done
    fi

}

[[ "${version}" -ge 7 ]] && icloud