Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta is now available!

Hello Jamf Nation! The Jamf Pro 11.8.0 Beta Release features a number of exciting improvements and enhancements for managing your Apple devices. Starting with 11.8.0, Jamf Pro admins will be able to set a minimum OS for MacBooks, iPhones, and iPads t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Skype for Business Configuration

Hey Guys,Thought I'd see what you all had to offer about setting one specific setting in Skype For Business... The Setting is "Before joining a meeting, ask me which audio device I want to use". Our Skype Admin's want this setting selected by default...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

O365 & Multi-Factor Auth with iOS Mail.app

Anyone out there using O365 & Multi-Factor Auth (MFA) with the iOS Mail.app for Exchange email? I am getting ready to enable/require MFA for O365. I'm having issues getting MFA to work on iOS devices that are managed with a Exchange MDM profile. Exam...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notification Center?

Morning all! I just wanted to ask how to you were currently tackling Notification Pop Ups? Is it the norm to delete the bundle? Thanks in advance!  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Groups

I wiped all my devices so that they would be "new" for the next school year. I didn't realize that the static groups would also be wiped and now I get to reenter serial numbers for groups. Is there a better way to set up groups where I can select spe...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting up Jamf 10 in AWS

As part of a general effort to become more knowledgable about AWS and JAMF, I've started a dummy environment totally separate from production for my own practice purposes, with the hopes of convincing my department head to implement them once I becom...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

802.1 X Onboarding

We are currently using Cisco ISE to onboard our devices using user based certificates. This is quite the pain for our teachers and we have gotten a lot of complaints about the process. Does anyone have a better workflow or way to move away from user ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

WPA2 Enterprise TTLS/PAP RADIUS

I am trying to set up a network profile to use RADIUS with TTLS/PAP. The profile works if I include a username/password in the profile but it won't prompt the user for them if I don't include them.I have tried enabling/disabling the "use a login wind...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missing ESR 52.9.0

Hello, The patch definition is missing the last Firefox 52 ESR release (52.9.0). Can this please be added? It's absence is preventing us from deploying that update via a patch policy. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/ Thanks!  View more

64df1fb7fa344d67afb1719814c7c58f
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

App errors when installing apps

This mainly happens with the apple apps like keynote, garageband etc but when we set the app to automatically install we get the error message Device does not meet app minimum requirements however if i set the app up in self service it works! I need ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

API - Manipulation of script attributes

Is it possible (or has anyone done this before) to manipulate the names of scripts.... I want to essentially rename a group of scripts, but not the actual contents of the script...(i.e rename script from "original.sh" to "renamed.sh".... I've had no ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Home Screen Layout

Good afternoon, I'm doing some testing on some iPads before we go 1-1 in our school. I want to place all of the stock apps in a single folder on the first page and put Self Service in the dock. The second page will have whatever apps we push out to t...  View more

943e57220702407eb8c407e08057f6f8 55d6479ae92b4ee5b9cee990d8135f75 c47f6580024a40f98bddadc177d0bcd8
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Thank you to Support!

Hi!I just wanted to give a shout out to Joe Schieffer and Ronnie Smith in Support.I am a long time user and do not often have Urgent tickets...I did this week though when I broke my production environment during a MySQL update. Joe and Ronnie gave me...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 68 kudos

Install pkg in user context

We have an issue with Polycom RPD PKG 3.9, since it has to install in user context and not as root. User does not need admin permissions since it will install into ~/Applications. Anyone installed a package in user context already and has some idea o...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault password out of Sync

Hi all, anyone seen an issue where the mobile account filevault password keeps getting out of sync. Appears to happen when the mac is shutdown. When logging into the local account with secure token and then logging into the mobile account, this logs ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Online Dock Master webpage issue

For those that use the online Dock Master webpage to make a com.apple.dock.plist template at: http://techion.com.au/blog/2015/4/28/dock-master Just observed a bug in the online Dock Master created com.apple.dock.plist. In the plist it uses the static...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Apps stuck in pending in device History

Looking for some help as completely stuck. I have a trolley full of iPads and there is 1 or 2 apps missing from each one but not all the same app. When i go to one iPad in Jamf then go to history then apps they are stuck in pending. I have cancelled ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re-enrolling Devices to DEP? And so much more...

Ok, lots of stuff here... I set up DEP for our network last year and we now use that for all the iPads in our district. They weren't previously managed in JAMF, so it wasn't difficult - we just wiped them and enrolled with PreStage Enrollment. We hav...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

InstallationCheck strings not working

I'm getting ready to push an install of an updated version of our VPN client. Obviously I don't want to interrupt any currently connected users. So I've used Composer to add an InstallationCheck script to check for active VPN connections. if it finds...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 authrestart from NetBoot

Is it at all possible to get fdesetup authrestart to work when rebooting to a FileVault 2 encrypted device from a NetBoot volume? For instance I just reimaged a Sierra machine with a Casper Imaging NetBoot. Since it was a reimage I didn't turn off en...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connecting Okta as an LDAP Source?

Hi all, Just wondering if anybody has had any luck connecting to Okta as an LDAP source. It's enabled on our Okta instance and others apps can connect to it, however when I try and configure the JSS it gives me a connection error every time no matter...  View more

• 72 replies
  • 9 kudos

Anyone sending log info to syslog?

Way overdue, but working on trying to extract certain events from the unified logs and sending to our syslog server. Anyone tackle this at all? Alternate plan is to use the BSM logs, but trying to figure out what the cleanest approach is.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuring Google Earth Pro

HI Folks, In our physics department of the college, they teach with Google Earth. Over the years, I have done simple snapshot packaging with Composer and things have worked, for the most part. This summer, we are packaging up Google Earth again with ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors