Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Managing Printers in Jamf Pro

I have never really dove into print management for Mac with Jamf. I can add printers to Jamf Admin, that's easy enough, create policies, etc..... What is the best way to import a lot of printers? When I add a printer in Jamf Admin, it seems to only s...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra 10.13.3 Printing Error: Limitcheck

Anyone getting an Error: limitcheckOffending command: xshowusing High Sierra 10.13?Happens intermittently. Doesn't matter if it is Pages, PDF, Word, web page.Printer drivers are all updated. Ricoh MP 3353.Only started happening when bumped up to 10.1...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac jobs Jamf catch-22

Hi all, I've been on the Mac for almost 30 years, and in IT supporting Mac at the enterprise level for 20. I've seen the Mac go from islands on their own, to AD integration, and now massive adoption of Jamf. I can't tell you how many jobs I've lost o...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

NoMAD not respecting custom configuration profile

Hi All, I have a configuration profile that is no longer applying to the NoMAD application. I added a few keys and it seems to have stopped applying. Issues seem to persist after removing said keys. I uploaded the plist file to the JSS in XML format ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

silent install .pkg

it's the box drive package. the following command used to work: sudo installer -verboseR -pkg "/Users/username/Downloads/Box.pkg" -target / now, i'm getting this error: The install failed (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installati...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VirtualBox Extension Pack

We currently have a need to know what computers have an extension pack installed as part of oracle. Having a hard time finding a good way to do this. Was wondering if anybody had any experience with thi.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Paid iOS VPP apps not deploying - v9.96

I recently took over the JAMF management at my organization and only recently have attempted to deploy paid VPP apps to iOS devices. I have experienced zero issues with free apps, but the paid apps will not deploy. I purchased 12 licenses of "The Won...  View more

a88c6ce16d064846b84ea529fa6822cb dd5d9aa860924fe3b82866e9fcce5a4a 0a1db98d7ceb47ce8067cd29637ed5d3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User cannot login to Self Service

The user has checked his AD creds are not locked, he's used them on company internal sites that use the same creds. He is enrolled and checking in to the JSS. We were going to remove framework and start over but wanted to see if there are any other s...  View more

0dc309891c3b456e841d87c7aee55e47
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Item no longer available" when out of scope

Hi all, I've setup individual policies in self-service that our techs can use to automatically configure machines for certain situations (I.E. Lab Machine, Classroom Machine, Workstation, etc.). Each configuration uses a custom trigger to call polici...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why are policies skipped sometimes?

I have 3 enrollment policies set up to run on machines enrolled through a PreStage enrollment via DEP. I'd say I can count on 2 of the 3 always being run with it going 3 for 3 only sometimes. But for example, I just did a test with a machine and it r...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict access to location information

Hi We are looking into various MDM solutions. Is anyone able to tell me if in JAMF it is possible to restrict access to location information of iOS devices to certain administrators? Thanks in advance  View more

• 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Push notifications

Hi, I am relatively new to the JAMF world and I have a question about the push notifications. (We are running JAMF Pro) We updated a profile that affected about 300+ MacBooks and we understood that it would take a while to propagate to all the affect...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf web interface very difficult to read

Is there some way to change fonts or colours to make the jamf pro web interface more readable? I would like the fonts to be black not grey. I have to change to edit mode to be able to read the screen, and even then it's difficult. EDIT: If using Chro...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 4 kudos

Restricting App Store in High Sierra

In High Sierra, restricting the "iCloud" pref pane also completely disables App Store access. Previously, these two services were separate (and are still designated as such in the restrictions payload). We want to allow our users to install their own...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

API Assistance Needed for mobile_device update

Hi All, So I could use some assistance... I'm trying to create a script that updates the user record on an ipad. That is... On the mobile device, I can update the username the ipad is associated to. The goal is to basically have a script that re-assi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to do OS patches in 2018

Hi, Not to beat a dead horse here but I'm curious what the best practice is for handling OS and security updates in 2018. In the past I've used the following: Munki JAMF policy w/ software update Fancy scripts which parse the output of the softwareup...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

High Sierra Changes

Does anyone know of a more detailed list of changes that High Sierra introduces?For example, telnet is gone. That's fine, I can work around that, but until I tried to use it I didn't realize it was removed. The MDM profile now needs to be manually ap...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shea Craig's Yo & Custom Patch Management

Wondering if anyone else has looked to use Yo to do their own version of Patch Management notifications to alert users an app needs quit in order to update. The upper management at our University isn't a fan of the time warning and then force quit (w...  View more

8cc47c17d29f4d0b92656e69cd0f0258
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple - Apple School Manager Website - Login Issues?

I was wondering if anyone else on this board uses Apple School Manager website in conjunction with JAMF and has frequent issues of logging in or getting kicked out? I am wondering if it is just our accounts...? I've tried separate wifi and our login ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

F5 VPN (Edge Client) and server configs

I've had sporadic problems deploying the F5 vpn client. I have a composer pkg with the Mac_edgesvpn.pkg and the config_tmp.f5c. I have both set to root:wheel and perms of 777 and sitting in /private/var/tmp then I have a postflight script that runs t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can we re-supervise an iPad?

Hello, I have an iPad that was supervised.We signed into our jamf dashboard, found the iPad, and deleted it.If we want to use the device again, can we re-supervise it without resetting and starting from scratch?The MDM profile stayed on it, but it is...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome first Tabs / Sites, also Safari

Hey Guys,i try to add a few websites as tabs for first start with google chrome.also, i want to disable the notification about "will u use google chrome as default browser".otherwise google chrome should show a start homepage at every launch. the sam...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors