MUT failed to update. error 401.

BestSamson
New Contributor II

I am a new user to MUT, and Im trying to update an Extension Attribute as a test. I'm in our sandbox environment. When I run MUT, nothing updates.

I've pulled the logs, and every device I'm trying to update says, "PUT failed. 401." I've figured out through my own research that 401 = unauthorized. I've double-checked I have full admin rights with the account I'm using. I'm now wondering if it's how I'm connecting to the server.

Has anyone else seen this issue? How can I resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@BestSamson Do you have "Allow Basic authentication in addition to Bearer Token authentication" enabled under "Allow Basic authentication for Classic API" in Settings->System->User accounts and groups->Password Policy? I'm not sure if MUT has been updated to use Bearer Token authentication, and if not you'll need to enable Basic authentication in your JSS for it to work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@BestSamson Do you have "Allow Basic authentication in addition to Bearer Token authentication" enabled under "Allow Basic authentication for Classic API" in Settings->System->User accounts and groups->Password Policy? I'm not sure if MUT has been updated to use Bearer Token authentication, and if not you'll need to enable Basic authentication in your JSS for it to work.