Netboot

jwilson
New Contributor II

I recent created a netboot image for the lion image I am trying to install. I have noticed an extremely slow image process taking anywhere up to 45 minutes to an hour image. some times the image errors out saying I am out of resource. Has any one run into this issue ?

4 REPLIES 4

Lincoln
Contributor

Yes I'm having this issue too. I've not had it error out but it does sometimes come up saying it is low on resources. Booting to NetBoot takes an age and actually imaging is definitely slower than my 10.6 NetBoot image. I'd Love to see a resolution to this though for the moment I've gone back to my 10.6 NetBoot.

Lincoln

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

I'm having issues too. Is your netboot image 10.7.3 too?

When you Netboot, go to disk utility. Supposedly if diskless is working properly, you should be able to unmount Macintosh HD. If you can't (I can't), it's not running diskless even though I have diskless selected on the server.

wangl2
Contributor

Hey guys, when you go back to 10.6 NetBoot image, do you have problem net booting newer iMac which is shipped with Lion factory image, regardless the OS you imaging to is Snow Leopard or Lion?

Lincoln
Contributor

@ CasperSally. Yes my NetBoot is 10.7.3. Haven't tried unmounting Macintosh HD as yet. I won't have time to get back to this until after term break as I have too much else to achieve during these holidays which are also shorter than usual because of Easter and a planned power outage.

@ wangl2. No trouble booting to machines shipped with Lion yet (machines purchased Jan 2012) but expecting this to be an issue with the next batch we purchase which is why I am working on it now, I'm trying to be ahead of the game.

Regards

Lincoln