Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

VMware Fusion.pkg creation in Composer

I have created VMware Fusion 11.5.1.pkg file by using Composer/Package tool. while I tried to install it in new Mac installed successfully when opening the VMware Fusion getting attached error. if I use the same package for upgrade the VMware fusion ...  View more

72967a9bdd344aeeab5092ce79a02b6e
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEP Create account fail on Catalina

When setting up a number of machines through DEP, two of my machines hung on the create account screen. After giving them a hard restart, both machines have no user account, so I can't log in or create account.  View more

• 17 replies
  • 1 kudos

MDM profiles

Hi,I’m hoping you can assist me with the following issue.A community college sold some old Macs to a used vendor, who sold one of them to me, The community college didn’t remove their MDM profiles before they sold the Macs.I reinstalled the MacBook a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Compony merger with seperate DEP

Our company device are not currently enrolled in DEP or have a MDM solution. But have some concerns before we move ahead. - If 2 companies with separated DEP programs merge can the devices moved to a single DEP MDM solution.- Adding existing machines...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Modify the JSS Server default port on Redhat 7.5

-------------------------------English------------------------------- My English is not good, the following paragraph is translated by Google, hope you can understand! I have been setting up JSS service on Ubuntu system. If I need to modify the JS...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Regio Profile

Hello! If I change a profile or the location is new, I must every time click the button "Refresh" or "Synchronize now" for the iPads to lock in in the new location or get the profile, which is only used at some location with a special IP-number. Is t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac OS disc encryption status

What do the different filevault 2 statuses mean?Should I be concerned only about number 3 or also about other statuses? All Partitions Encrypted Boot Partitions Encrypted No Partitions Encrypted Some Partitions Encrypted (This appeared after mojave o...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrolled Computer prompting for Device Enrollment

I have a user who is repeatedly getting prompted for Device Enrollment. The computer has an approved MDM profile, the device is checking in and running policies, and has all of the expected profiles. Yesterday I manually re-enrolled via our mycompany...  View more

8a78d2a36a2148dc8332d3fb5203f608
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Way to bypass blocked apps from loading

Have a need to allow certain applications to run without having to go to System Preferences>Security Privacy and selection "Allow" from blocked downloaded apps. It there an option in JAMF to do this?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalina - screensaver

Anyone able to set screensavers on Catalina. I had below script that worked fine for Mojave - but for Catalina it does not #!/bin/sh # Get user logged into console and put into variable "user" user=`ls -l /dev/console | cut -d " " -f 4` osMajor=$(sw_...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using JAMF Remote

I have a strange issue going on in the environment. The majority of the environment consists of MacBook Pros utilizing Kensington docks as a single connection for network, video and any other external devices. When the MacBooks are connected through ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DEPNotify not installing Apps on Catalina

I have seen some similar threads and some posts in the MacAdmins slack channel about DEPNotify not starting on Catalina, however I am unlucky enough to have it start, but not install any packages. My workflow is as follows:Install package (Contains D...  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delete duplicate AD & WiFI certificates

Hello,Is there a way to delete duplicate certificates? - Today we push out our AD & Wifi certificate with a configuration profile, and had to do some minor changes on the settings for the certificate. The result is we now have two certificates with e...  View more

8e93f57b57644f2aa184f33e11b84cb6
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

truly automated script or workflow for OS upgrade?

is there a true, automated OS upgrade script or workflow for end users to upgrade their machine? I know if you do direct from Apple, it works after accepting agreements etc.. Is there one known outside of that?i know of the macosupgrade.sh, along wit...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enroll recently bought company, without DEP?

sorry for the bland title, but my current company we utilize DEP when "imaging"/enrolling etc... we just acquired a new company recently and are planning on getting them into our Jamf environment with our proper security settings/apps/etc... Catch is...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using AutoPKG to add json file to firefox

Hello,I'm looking into using Auto-pkg to automate my packaging process and I'm a little confused on the idea of recipes. I understand recipes allow you to modify how an application is packaged, but the extent of my control isn't clear to me. Specific...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

condition script to set hostname

Hi,need help to write script to set hostname based on some condition1)check its start with MBP2)if yes exit3)if no get asset tag from user and set it as hostname4)if no asset tag set serial number as hostnamenew to Apple/bash script, need some help t...  View more

baae1d63477c4dfab58342804ebb658e
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Not applicable
Resolved!
Posted

No longer downloads last compatible version?

Having some trouble with my iPad 2s. When I initially moved them to JAMF earlier this year, it downloaded the last version of iMovie and other apps that were compatible with iOS 9. The iPads began running out of space, so I modified the scope of the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing tanium

Please keep in mind there's several ways to deploy this. I'm sharing what worked for me :)Getting the Installer- Using the Tanium Client Deployment Tool, go to Clients, then click on Generate Archive- Choose .iso and platform osx. Click OK Creating a...  View more

• 32 replies
  • 4 kudos

iPad in Single App Mode + OS updates

We have 40 iPad Pros used for meeting room event boards. I have them running in single app mode flawlessly. My question is around running the OS Updates. I was able to take my test devices and remotely push the update command and they did that. The p...  View more

b59aa62f45f6476195c8e2db8cbe755b 69086c2eebd94e4aae2ec36ecea76bf8
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors