NetSUS 4 with Sierra

joemamasmac
New Contributor III

Has anyone been able to get a NBI working with Sierra and NETSUS 4? I created one with AutoDMG and AutoCasperNBI, but my NetSUS 4 server doesn't want to recognize it as a valid NBI. Thoughts?

Joe

8 REPLIES 8

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@joemamasmac What version of AutoCasperNBI & what did you upload to the NetSUS?

joemamasmac
New Contributor III

AutoCasperNBI = 1.3.4

I uploaded the 10.12AutoCasperNBI.nbi folder that was created. Similar contents to what was created with 10.11.6.

Joe

bentoms

@joemamasmac Can you verbose boot & post the messages?

joemamasmac
New Contributor III

I think it was a permissions issue on the image that was created. I re-created the image and re-uploaded, now everything appears to be working. Thanks for working with me on this, not sure exactly what the issue was.

Joe

bentoms

@joemamasmac Cool. Glad it's sorted.

Means I didn't do too much wrong!

itupshot
Contributor II

@bentoms , I think I ran into the same issue @joemamasmac was seeing.

I've noticed that v. 1.3.4 creates a container folder for the NBI folder. Is this intentional? The previous version just created the "boot_image.nbi" folder where I told it to.

I created an NBI directly into the NetBootSP0 directory of my XServe, but the app made a folder containing the actual .nbi folder. I had to take out the .nbi folder from its container for the Software Update service to see it, but it I wasn't able to netboot with it right away.

/Library/NetBoot/NetBootSP0/XServe_10.11.6_9.96/XServe_10.11.6_9.96.nbi

The same thing happened when I created another NBI for my NetSUS. I then copied the .nbi folder from its container folder to the NetSUS, but it didn't work for a while. Then it suddenly worked.

The NBIs created with v. 1.3.3 worked right away.

bentoms

@itupshot Yes the change is intentional as folks kept copying the .nbi folder with the restorable.dmg in there.

So this change was to stop that, & was mentioned in the release notes, documentation & a blog post I did on the release.

itupshot
Contributor II

@bentoms Ah, I see. I never use the "Create a restorable DMG" option, and everything else seemed to work the same way as before so I didn't catch that there's a container folder now.