New computers missing from Static Group?

cpizanias
Contributor

I have a static group that I wanted to add some newly imaged machines into but they're not showing up as an option. If I go to create a new group they show up there, but not in the already existing group. Is there a workaround for this?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mcooper
New Contributor III

Is your existing static group set to a different site than your newly imaged computers? Do you have anything typed into the group's search filter that is excluding the new machines from showing?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

mcooper
New Contributor III

Is your existing static group set to a different site than your newly imaged computers? Do you have anything typed into the group's search filter that is excluding the new machines from showing?

cpizanias
Contributor

The group and the new machines are the same site. Nothing being filtered via search. The current group shows 1 to 65 entries. If I go to make a new group it shows 1 to 84, so it's quite the discrepancy.

cpizanias
Contributor

Actually you gave me an idea, toggling the site seemed to clear it up. Weird.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

So, "imaged" or "re-imaged"? If the former, meaning its the first time they are being enrolled into your JSS, I don't see a reason for them not to show up other than, have you checked to see that the Macs show up in inventory in general? Meaning, are they getting properly enrolled? If yes, you should be able to select them when editing an existing Static Computer Group. I assume they are being enrolled since you mentioned that they can be selected when creating a new group, which leads me to the second possibility....

If you "re-imaged" them and they happened to be in that Static Group prior to the re-image, they will land back in that Static Group after being imaged. Static Groups use the hardware information for group membership, and as long as a Mac isn't deleted from inventory, when it gets re-imaged, the JSS picks it back up based on the UUID and it goes right back into whatever Static Groups it was previously in, just with the new computer name and/or software information.

Ok, never mind my post. Seems you figured it out while I was typing up my response!

AHSitguy
New Contributor III

I'm also having this issue. I'm missing two computers. Those two computers show up in the regular inventory search, but not in the static group list. i don't have multiple sites set up.