New Software Updates feature for macOS updates

pTmichaelm
New Contributor II

Hello all

I'm experimenting with the new Software Updates feature available in Jamf Pro 10.48/10.49 for macOS updates but it seems to it's not working.

I've created a smart group that includes only my Mac device and I deployed the OS update for myself but nothing happens.

In the device management, I don't see any pending or failed commands.

pTmichaelm_0-1692720621682.png

What am I missing? Did someone manage to deploy the OS update using this method?

Thanks in advance,

Michael.

9 REPLIES 9

Dperk
New Contributor III

I've noticed it not working either. Ive tried a couple of the options to see if it would prompt the user or just reboot automatically and didnt appear to do anything. I'll be curious if anyone here has gotten it to work successfully 

elsmith
Contributor II

This is what I saw when I tried it, but it never actually updated the OS on the machine:

Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 7.28.43 AM.png

pTmichaelm
New Contributor II

Same here....

I'm with Jamf support on this. I'll keep you posted.

chong
New Contributor II

Did you ever hear back from Jamf Support about this? 

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

This software update experience is still in Beta, so you may see some goofiness until the Jamf Pro 11 release in October. This is where the DDM functionality kicks in along with the new GUI. Until then, I'm sticking with the old MDM remote commands.

pTmichaelm
New Contributor II

Thanks for sharing this info.

I'd appreciate if you could share the MDM commands you are using because so far, the scripts I tried (found on different forums) didn't work so well for me.

BR,

Michael

rabbnz1
New Contributor

Also seeing this hoping 10.50 improves things

RJ52
New Contributor III

It updated 3 out of 40 machines I sent the update command to. I'm still having this issue on the latest cloud release as well.

KD6-3DOT7
New Contributor II

My experience as of late has been that every mechanism of software updates is currently broken. It seems the gui throws errors like "You must be an owner" to running softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer --full-installer-version 14.2.1 from the command line, to software update —install macOS Sonoma 14.2.1-23C71… all of them fail.