Not applicable

Hi

I have just purchased Casper for our fleet of 600 macbooks and am new to this list.

Just wondering if there are any things to watch out for in the early stages of installing/rolling out casper.

We haven't done the Jumpstart thing yet so it's not an urgent request.

Looking forward to working alongside you all!

Kind Regards,

Nathan Reiter | Computer Systems Manager | Willunga High School
239 Main Road, Willunga SA 5172
t 08 8556 2105 | f 08 8556 2243 | m 0412 055 662 | e ict at whs.sa.edu.au<mailto:ict at whs.sa.edu.au>

"Ssh... That's the sound of no-one caring what you think!"

Disclaimer: This email and any attachments may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient any use, disclosure or reproduction of the contents is unauthorised. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email. This email and any attachments should be scanned to detect any viruses and no liability for loss or damage resulting from the use of any attached file is accepted. Unless otherwise stated, the contents of this message contain the opinions of the writer, and not the policy of the Government of South Australia.

3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

Welcome to the party.
The jumpstart will give you a good stepping stone.

# via iPhone

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Yep, JumpStart is definitely a great beginning. It's a great crash course into the product. After about 6 months or a year of full-on use of The Casper Suite, I'd heavily recommend the CCA course. You'll get in-depth knowledge of the product and unlearn any bad habits that you may have been doing. You'll also learn some great good habits.

http://www.jamfsoftware.com/services/education

j
---
Jared F. Nichols
Desktop Engineer, Client Services
Information Services Department
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
244 Wood Street
Lexington, Massachusetts 02420

tanderson
Contributor

Hi Nathan,

I'm fairly new as well. We just purchased in April but I was out for a while after that so I've really just been digging in to this over the last three weeks. As others said, the JumpStart is a great beginning step. Also, I've found some good tidbits in the knowledge base on the JAMF site. I've been bouncing a lot of things off of support too and they've been really good to work with.

Tom