NoLoAD logo size

Macpants
New Contributor III

NoLoAD is awesome but no matter how I size my converted PNG to Base64, it doesn't get any bigger. I was wondering if there was a way to increase its size? Is there a setting I'm missing in the configuration profile?
I'm following the preferences isntructions on the NoLoAD Github

Thanks much!

6 REPLIES 6

jbisgett
Contributor II

I believe there is a limit on how wide the logo can be in the window. I had the same issue with our school logo (which is rather wide), where it would not scale very big on the login window. If I made our logo taller, then it would scale up to a larger size (too bad our logo looks horrible when its taller, so I had to leave it at the smaller size).

Asnyder
Contributor III

@Macpants I haven't even been able to get base64 to work. Xcode always gives me an error for the data. Any tips there?

Macpants
New Contributor III

@jbisgett I was thinking about this more last night and I think you're exactly right. I just tested an alternate logo without text underneath so the overall width is reduced. It did work and I think it looks great!afb782a25d9a4422990da139dc3de466

@Asnyder I'm wandering into unfamiliar territory myself so I'm not sure I can be much help. haha
I used this website to convert the PNG and that seems to work just fine. I copy the entire output of the website's txt file, open the mobileconfig from NoLoAD's wiki, and put the following key and subsequent data:

<key>LoginLogoData</key>
<data>
<!-- TXT FILE DATA GOES BELOW -->

<!-- TXT FILE DATA GOES ABOVE -->
</data>

in the following location:

<plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
        <array>
            <dict>

I hope that makes sense.

Asnyder
Contributor III

@Macpants That's how I was doing it but xcode doesn't let me save the plist. I've just switched over to using the file path instead of base64.

Macpants
New Contributor III

@Asnyder Be sure it's being saved as a .mobileconfig rather than a .plist file. Then once it's either opened on the target computer, it will install with an admin password. If assigned via MDM to the target computer, it will install automatically.

For the record, I use Atom text editor, which either reads XML files natively or I added a package to read them (and then by extension, reads .plist and .mobileconfig files as well)

Asnyder
Contributor III

@Macpants I don't want it to be a mobileconfig. I upload the plist to a jamf configuration profile custom setting payload and jamf creates the config profile. Everything works fine except for the base64.