NYC Metro JAMF User Group - July 2015 Meeting

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey all,

With the Road Show coming to town right around the time we would usually hold a meeting, I've decided to push the NYCJUG meeting back til early July. We are waiting on confirmation that the date we submitted for is free and I will be announcing the date as soon as I have it.

In the meantime, hope to see the group regulars at the Road Show.

any questions, please drop me a line.

--MM

5 REPLIES 5

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

If you want to hear how organizations, big and small, are using Apple's Device Enrollment Program with the JAMF Casper Suite, come by the NYC JNUC Road Show where I'll be speaking about Apple Deployment Programs. It's also a great way to network with fellow Apple Admin pros, both prospective customers and existing users.

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey all,

We officially announced the next NYC JUG date yesterday at the JAMF Nation NYC Road Show. It will be Wednesday, July 8th at the Apple Executive Briefing Center, 100 Fifth Ave, New York, NY from 4:30 til 6:30.

We do have speakers lined up for this meeting already, with a very topical discussion about what to do when management suddenly thinks that they can replace Casper with some other tool, and how to fight the battle with facts.

As always that will be followed up with Open Discussion, and some refreshments.

link is here https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/userGroup.html?id=60&view=info

Hope to see some of the new folks that we met at the Road Show come on down for the meeting. If anyone has any questions, please reach out.

--MM

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey all,

About 2 weeks left to go for signups, and we have a pretty good signup so far.

if you are a Casper Admin, or your company/school is interested in Casper, but wants to know more from folks that are presently using it, this is a great place to get to meet your peers.

We will once again be getting Pizza from Pie By the Pound ( including Gluten Free options) and if anyone has any dietary concerns/special requests , drop me a line.

looking forward to seeing you there.

-MM

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey folks,

Last day for signups if you are interested. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

--MM

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

Another NYC JUG is in the books and I want to thank everyone that came out. Was great to see a good turnout and a lot of new faces, especially with the PSU Mac Admin Event going on at the same time.

Thanks to our speakers, Kevin Friel @kevinfriel and Sean Burke @seansb from a "Universally" known media company for their presentation on Defending Casper against "Product X". I think it was a good session about how to navigate some of the non technical issues we face as admins, and how to use facts to ultimately serve our users better.

The presentation will be uploaded as soon as Kevin and Sean get clearance to put it up. They also plan on sharing some of their home-brew utilities/API tips and trick as well.

The next meeting is tentatively set for late September. This will hopefully give our EDU group members a little breathing room to get settled with the new school year.

I would like to see if someone from the EDU side would like to speak at the next meeting, of you are interested, drop me a line. If anyone has an idea about a presentation, or just wants to talk a bit about how you are using Casper in your shop, let me know.

Thanks to Christos Drosos@christos & Apple for use of the EBC, and Henry Patel @henrypatel & JAMF for the Pizza and refreshments.

See you at the next meeting!

--MM