Off course, it happend again :)

A_A
New Contributor II

People,

No real question, just something i have to share, (me working in a big school with 3500 pc's and only 350 mac's so the windows co workers don't mind)

Yesterday installed OSX 10.12.5 on mac's in 6 classrooms with Jamf.
The install for the new school year, was happy and proud to do so much installs in one day :)

Then yesterday evening, my phone bleeped, and a message : Apple releases 10.12.6

Hahaha, i know i can do an update with JAmf, but had to laugh a bit, so soon after i installed those class rooms and OS update.

Well today gonna arrange an update to .6

Sad part, i shutdown all the macs and since there are no students till september, i have to walk around and start them to get the .6 update.

Just wanted to share with people who understand :)

9 REPLIES 9

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

We usually give updates some time, in case they turn out to be problematic.

--
https://donmontalvo.com

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I'd give it a week or so just in case, but your right, you're going to have to run round and turn them all again :(

It's almost like Apple we're waiting for you!

A_A
New Contributor II

Yes thats why i had to laugh, and wanted to share.
Just one of those days :)

concerning, giving it a week, starting tomorrow, i have 4 weeks holiday.

So i worked hard to be ready before my holiday starts, and now it feels, like its not 100%

Indeed, i always wait some time before installing the updates, well probably i better wait till after my holiday.

kerouak
Valued Contributor

4 weeks holiday..... LUCKY YOU!! :-)

Thankfully moving jobs to a Uni so not much longer before I'll be joining you :-)

skinford
Contributor III

@A_A The 10.12.6 update is based on the Homeland security vulnerabilities list found here:

https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/current-activity/2017/07/19/Apple-Releases-Security-Updates

But I know what you mean, trust me I know what you mean.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Apple has an uncanny knack for releasing updates just after some of us push their previous release out. Strange how that happens isn't it? :)

StoneMagnet
Contributor III

Not that previous release dates are a reliable guide, but if you compare the release dates of the Sierra and El Capitan updates you'll see that they were pretty much on the same schedule (+/- a few days).

gachowski
Valued Contributor II

Tim publicly said that the "upgrades" would happen yearly. They started out on Oct but the last two have been Sept.

You can sort of get a feel for the "updates" in the seed and/or Dev programs.

c

A_A
New Contributor II

Thank you for all the technical comments

But most off all Thank you for sharing the feeling :)

It was just one of those days :)

I updated most of the macs This afternoon to feel a bit more ready. :)