Office 365 Login

akw0045
New Contributor III

I am trying to deploy Office 365 to my clients, all of whom have Office 365 accounts tied to their email. I would like to deploy through JAMF Pro using the VPP Mac App so the apps will update automatically.

My problem is the $69.99 per year page before the sign in option. I don't want my clients scared of signing in. I want them to be prompted for sign in immediately, without the purchase prompting.

Does anyone know of a way to script past this prompt?

Below is the Screen that I'm hoping to avoid: 1d9ad9b2741e47edadb80e04736d62b3

9 REPLIES 9

sshort
Valued Contributor

Absolutely, you can customize the first launch experience with a configuration profile.

List of configurable settings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ESX5td0y0OP3jdzZ-C2SItm-TUi-iA_bcHCBvaoCumw/edit#gid=0

Training on how to implement: https://office4mac.thinkific.com/

akw0045
New Contributor III

@sshort Thanks for the links! This look very helpful.

I have a configuration profile with this in it: <key>DefaultEmailAddressOrDomain</key> <string>$Email</string> <key>OfficeActivationEmailAddress</key> <string>$Email</string> <key>OfficeAutoSignIn</key> <true/>
It doesn't seem to work for the Mac App Store version. I'll look at the .pkg installs next. I'm hoping to avoid having to constantly update packages though.

talkingmoose

@akw0045, in addition to @sshort's resources, I'll add these:

How to manage Microsoft Office 2019 for Mac - Q&A
This is a webinar that @pbowden and I presented back in January. We worked to be very geeky with it.

Help users activate Microsoft Office 365 and configure Outlook in one click
This includes instructions for suppressing the first run windows you're seeing using the configuration profile.

The software you'll receive from the Mac App Store and via PKG installer is the same set of bits. Depending on how you obtained it and your licensing, the bits may show different windows. But the bits are still the same.

You mentioned the key/value pairs you're using in your configuration profile, but not the domain. Are you using com.microsoft.office (case sensitive)?

talkingmoose

@akw0045, wanted to make sure you saw this too:

Hi folks!

After working with another customer, I found my instructions in the blog post contained some wrong information that is probably the cause of the problems you're discussing here.

Specifically, I had written that all key/value pairs get added to the com.microsoft.office domain. That's wrong. Only two are for that domain and the third is actually for the com.microsoft.Outlook domain.

We've updated the blog post with the correct information and some additional information and screen shots around using an Extension Attribute to pull in additional information such as a User Principal Name.

Help users activate Microsoft Office 365 and configure Outlook in one click

Apologies for all the confusion! I know it can be frustrating to discover you followed all the steps correctly, but the steps were wrong.

adl-gavinator
New Contributor III

Hi there,

We dont actually use Active Directory or LDAP so will this method work without it?  We currently use Azure AD and Jamf Connect to sync the password to the local Mac account.  

talkingmoose

It might work if you have Azure AD integrated with Jamf Pro as a Cloud Identity Provider and using Single Sign-On. I haven't tested this, but this setup accomplishes the same thing as using Active Directory.

Karl-Ranseier
New Contributor

I have the same issue here. Using Jamf Pro and Azure AD. The profile gets deployed with an emtpy OfficeActivtionEmailAddress, as the computer's User and Location information isn't populated when the Office profile is enrolled. Once I change or update the profile in Jamf it automatically updates on the computer and pulls the now available mail address. Any thoughts on that or how to get the information from Jamf connect and deploy it?

RobbEFX
New Contributor

Starting with 16.69, the Office/365 installer has a "Get started with Office" window that appears at first launch. Can that be blocked (or skipped) by setting the OfficeAutoSignIn key to true? My organization uses volume licenses, so we don't want users to see any sign in prompts.

akw0045
New Contributor III

So, I've found using the Jamf Repository JSON to configure office to work best. Set the OfficeAutoSignIn key to true. it disables the first run stuff with all of the "Buy Me" buttons.