Offline Network Mounts

jdeltazulu
New Contributor

We add our network mounts to a computer-level Configuration Profile as Login Items. This works wonderfully when users are connected and online, however, when they are offline such as in the case of a laptop they get prompts that the server was not accessible and are required to click ok as would be expected.

What I am wondering is if there is a way to suppress those errors, so the user doesn't have to bother with them.

3 REPLIES 3

cassielevett
New Contributor

I am booking this! I have been having the same problem. I noticed when a mac goes to sleep it looses all network connections which then causes this prompt to pop up. Very annoying.

spotter
New Contributor III

I ran into the same issue with our Mac users and created a script which is available through Self Service to walk them through mapping their network shares but creates a alias. This stopped the annoying popup when a users was off our network or on wireless...

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

We do the below, then people can re-run when dropped on wireless or when off WAN after connecting via VPN.

http://macmule.com/2011/09/08/how-to-map-drives-printers-based-on-ad-group-membership-on-osx/