One Mac in a batch is unable to enroll on the JSS

DanJ_LRSFC
Contributor III

We've got an open support ticket about this with JAMF but I thought I'd post here in case anyone has encountered the same thing or is looking for information about the same thing.

We have a batch of 12 identical new iMacs. 11 of them imaged and enrolled successfully. One of them fails to enroll on the JSS.

/var/logs/jamf.log seems like kind of a red herring as it mentions not being able to remove /Library/Application Support/JAMF/JAMF.keychain, but removing this does not solve the issue.

However I just went to investigate the JAMFSoftwareServer.log on the JSS server and found the following:

2017-02-07 10:36:48,689 [ERROR] [Tomcat-90  ] [ComputerHelper           ] - Error updating computer MAC010065
java.sql.BatchUpdateException: Column 'file_vault_2_eligibility_message' cannot be null
Query is: UPDATE computers SET computer_name=?, platform=?, mac_address=?, alt_mac_address=?, asset_tag=?, last_ip=?, last_reported_ip=?, bar_code_1=?, bar_code_2=?, default_distribution_point_id=?, default_netboot_server_id=?, default_software_update_server_id=?, jamf_version=?, udid=?, mdm_access_rights=?, user_removed_mdm_profile=?, device_certificate=?, mdm_certificate=?, management_username=?, management_password_encrypted=?, default_distribution_server_id=?, push_magic=?, apn_token=?, file_vault_2_eligibility_message=?, mdm_cert_dirty=?, requires_token_update=?, logged_in_user = ?, delay_user_mdm = ?, ble_capable = ?, itunes_store_account_is_active = ?, itunes_store_account_hash = ? WHERE computer_id=?

Anyone know what would cause this? We don't use FileVault in our organisation, and this Mac is identical to the other 11 Macs in the same batch.

Thanks,
Dan Jackson (Lead ITServices Technician)
Long Road Sixth Form College
Cambridge, UK.

1 REPLY 1

slewis59
New Contributor

how are you trying to enroll it?