OneDrive Finder Extensions Off By Default

bootrec
Contributor

Looks like there's an updated version of OneDrive that got released either early this week or last week. After you run it for the first time and log in, it no longer creates the default folder entry in the left bar in Finder, nor does it enable the Finder Extensions by default. Has anyone else noticed this, has any information about this and any suggestions on how to create a configuration profile or a script to enable this by default?

2 REPLIES 2

bootrec
Contributor

I see a note at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/onedrive-release-notes-845dcf18-f921-435e-bf28-4e24b95e5fc0 that says

Users will no longer see the syncing icon and the "processing changes" state for scenarios where internal sync activity does not result in end-user impact.

Unsure if this relates to Finder Extensions or what "end-user impact" would mean.

bootrec
Contributor

I believe my idea of "recently updated" is just a confusion on my part between the OneDrive installed as part of the local installer for Office 365 and the App Store version. Sounds like the Finder extension hasn't been enabled automatically from the App Store in a long time.