OneDrive unavailable due to device management profile

JAMFuser395720p
New Contributor II

JAMFuser395720p_0-1721673265426.png

This happened across our org with no changes in azure or JAMF pro. Unsure of what is causing the issue. We've never had to set up a configuration profile for OneDrive prior to this.

Has anyone seen this before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JAMFuser395720p
New Contributor II

After working with JAMF support, he confirmed the issue would be coming from a configuration profile. Often he said it would be a network filtering application configuration profile. Something like Umbrella. We did not have that installed though.

We removed each config profile from the device to determine which item was problematic. We discovered a misconfigured config profile. It had a "Extension" that was set to "deny all public extension points". This was what was causing the issue. It does require the device to be restarted for the change to take affect.

Hopefully, this will help anyone else that runs into it!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

The only thing on the Jamf side to check is the configuration profile targeting com.microsoft.onedrive.

By the wording of the error and it is saying the "provider is unavailable", unless you are specifying a provider in the Configuration Profile, I am going to wager this is a configuration on the OneDrive admin console.

OneDrive doesn't have an admin console. It's just a feature of 365. We haven't made any changes to this side. When I remove all the profiles from JAMF, it works as expected. This leads me to believe it's related to a configuration profile. We have nothing targeted at OneDrive though.

mainelysteve
Valued Contributor II

On the Jamf side it could either be in the restrictions payload of under the Sharing Tab or it needs an PPPC.

JAMFuser395720p
New Contributor II

After working with JAMF support, he confirmed the issue would be coming from a configuration profile. Often he said it would be a network filtering application configuration profile. Something like Umbrella. We did not have that installed though.

We removed each config profile from the device to determine which item was problematic. We discovered a misconfigured config profile. It had a "Extension" that was set to "deny all public extension points". This was what was causing the issue. It does require the device to be restarted for the change to take affect.

Hopefully, this will help anyone else that runs into it!

EWiggins
New Contributor II

I had a similar issue after upgrading to macOS Sequoia. Google Drive for Desktop (which had not been installed before the upgrade) said there was an error with "File Provider" and I got a similar message in Finder as OP: "This provider is unavailable due to a device management profile". I removed all the profiles, and it connected, so I added them back a few at a time. Now all my profiles are back and Drive for Desktop is still working fine. I'm at a loss as to what caused this and I don't know how to troubleshoot now that it's working...