Option to manually kick off Enrollment-triggered policies?

macservit
New Contributor III

In the midst of testing and we have a Mac at the client site that was not properly assigned to a department when DEP enrollment completed (and the department being blank meant that the computer was out of scope). Since Enrollment is the only trigger, I'm trying to figure out another way to push all of the policies that should have fired under normal circumstances. Due to the lack of mass-editing functionality in Jamf, I'm not really excited about the thought of creating Self-service versions of the same policies or making dupe policies with only that machine in scope. Is there any non-destructive way to make JSS think that the device just completed enrollment so all of these policies will fire?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ljcacioppo
Contributor III

You can add a custom trigger for the policies and then call them via terminal

sudo jamf policy -event $customTriggerName

Since the device would be in scope, it gives you the option to run manually but wont have any adverse affects and you don't need to create new policies, you just add that as an additional trigger option alongside enrollment

View solution in original post

sudo jamf policy -event enrollmentComplete
worked for me without having to create custom triggers.

Thank you, Scottlepp

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ljcacioppo
Contributor III

You can add a custom trigger for the policies and then call them via terminal

sudo jamf policy -event $customTriggerName

Since the device would be in scope, it gives you the option to run manually but wont have any adverse affects and you don't need to create new policies, you just add that as an additional trigger option alongside enrollment

scottlepp
New Contributor II

worked for me without having to create custom triggers.

Thank you, Scottlepp