In our previous MDM platform (Mosyle), there was a per-app option to
enable assignment (and therefore control/ownership) of apps previously
installed through the App Store via standard Apple ID. This is a fairly
new feature in that platform that clai...
There are a few other posts about this topic, but none that are
recent... As an MSP, we are billing per device and need an accurate
count of Jamf Pro (cloud) seats each month. Since Jamf billing has said
they have no way of including any customer-ide...
I was experimenting on a Big Sur M1 MBP enrolled with pre-stage
enrollment via DEP. Trying to put together some screenshots to create an
end-user support document for migrating from another MDM provider to
Jamf. The Mac was already enrolled in Jamf a...
I'm attempting to document the process for moving from a competing MDM
into Jamf on macOS. We will have to do this across most of our client
base and I need to be able to give users clear instructions. I just went
through my first test on my own mach...
Disregard, I did find the Scheduled Reports option. A little clunky, but
I'll just add the steps to my new instance checklist. I am curious to
know what others would use for the criteria for this. I chose "is
managed = Yes" OR "is managed = NO" for c...
I tried 'sudo profiles renew -type enrollment' before I wrote the post
and got no action whatsoever. (The man page for profiles says my version
is correct...yours throws an error when I run it). Either way, I'm
prompted for my sudo password, it sits ...
To close the loop on this, I spent a fair amount of time on the phone
with TeamViewer support and came up with the script below. Seems to work
consistently. FYI, I install this using my RMM tool instead of Jamf, so
there might be some extra code that...
Thanks @Levi_ and @ryan.ball . I'm really scratching my head with this
one, as I have a bunch of endpoints that have had TV Host on them for
some time now (months), so clearly the service is running. Or maybe it's
not... I'll try to leverage pieces o...
I realize this is an older thread, not sure if anyone is still
watching... I'm having assignment issues using multiple variations of
the scripts in this thread. The issues so far are only with Big Sur
(this is all I've tested so far). The script runs...