OT: Moving on...

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

All-

Sometimes an opportunity stares you in the face and you've got no choice but to snatch it and run. I'll be doing just that shortly. My last day at MIT will be 15 February, just over a week from now.

On the upside, there's a very good chance that I'll be returning to the Casper fold. I'm moving on to Fidelity Investments where they have folks who are eager to use MacBook Airs, iPhones and iPads to get their jobs done. I'll be responsible for crafting their entire Apple strategy from genesis as their Principal Mac OS & iOS Engineer.

I just wanted to say what a pleasure it's been to work with you fellow Casper admins. This is a bunch of folks that want nothing more than success for our chosen platform and as such help everyone out selflessly. It's something I'm proud to have been a part of.

It's an exciting opportunity and hopefully I'll see you on the other side.

j

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

tlarkin
Honored Contributor
If Tom's Yoda, who am I??

I'd say you're like a Ben Kenobi, with all of your direct that is a social problem not a technical comments us tech workers cannot make at our jobs. :-)

View solution in original post

rob_potvin
Contributor III
Contributor III

I would go broke buying you guys beer, but I will!! Thanks for all your help!!

Love the community here and you guys are a very large part of it!!

Cheers and come to Munich!! Oktoberfest is a great cultural exchange!!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

catfeetstop
Contributor II

ah snap! congrats jared! best of luck to you, thanks for all your Casper help.

- jamie

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Here's my job posted if anyone's interested in work in the Boston area
https://www.ll.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=3346&CurrentPage=1

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

My last day at my current job is also the 15th. Seems like 2012 is a good year for change. I wish you the best Jared, and always drop me a line whenever. I will still give you credit for the "cut" pipes anytime I use it over awk.

-Tom

krichterjr
Contributor

Congrats to you both! I hope you find your way back on to Jamf Nation in your new role. I've really enjoyed and learned a lot from each of you.

Kenny

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Don't worry I will still be around. ;-)

rob_potvin
Contributor III
Contributor III

thank god Tom, we can't have Yoda leaving! :-)

rtrouton
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Good luck, Tom and Jared.

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Well, as of February 20th I will be officially working for JAMF Software, so you guys will have me full time at your service. :-)

I am very excited. Also, sorry Jared I am not trying to hijack your thread and I wasn't even going to post it on here until I saw this post. I think it is awesome you get to build it from the ground up. I got the same opportunity here at the school district. I built everything from the ground up and then customized it to my environment. It is almost like the infrastructure is my child, I will miss it, but I am also very excited for the future.

As always, you can email me anytime. If you ever find yourself in KC Jared, I will take you to the best BBQ you have ever had in your entire life.

-Tom

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

I'd say you're like a Ben Kenobi, with all of your direct that is a social problem not a technical comments us tech workers cannot make at our jobs. :-)

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

You'd think we'd coordinated leaving on the same day. ha

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Great minds think alike.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Jared, best of luck to you in your new role. Thanks for all the help you've given both online and offline. Including the "You're a Jackass!" response when I sent the scathing email to they guy who quoted 3,000+ lines...yep, I deserved it. Thanks for the kick in the butt, and thanks for continuing to be so helpful desipte that. :)

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=1687

You and Thomas Larkin both deserve great opportunities...because...well...you're both great. Hope to continue seeing you on JAMF Nation.

Don

--
https://donmontalvo.com

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Yup, he is a total Ben Kenobi hahahaha tells like it is

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

I'm glad I'm Ben. That blue lightsaber always looked best.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Damnit. Always wanted the Ben Kenobi moniker.

BUT, my Dad did use to babysit for R2-D2 :)

Light sabers aside, you guys have been a great help to me over the years. So wish you all the best!

If ever your my side of the pond I owe you a beer or two or three!!

rob_potvin
Contributor III
Contributor III

I would go broke buying you guys beer, but I will!! Thanks for all your help!!

Love the community here and you guys are a very large part of it!!

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

München während des Oktoberfests?? Ein weißbeir, bitte! Ich danke dir!!!

Hit my work email off-board and we should exchange info :)

jared.nichols@ll.mit.edu

Oh and Ben, I'll be sure to travel via Heathrow and collect my round or two on the way to Gatwick. ha

thanks!