Package install failing

acamare10
New Contributor III

I created a package using jamf composer, These are the error messages I get when trying to install. For some reasons the package install works on newer devices (2020 MBAs) and failing on older devices (2017 MBAs)

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 2.21.10 PM.png

After searching for some suggestions I changed the package validation to never instead of "when checksum is present". This is the error after changing that setting. Any suggestions why it is not installing on the older MBAs?

Screenshot 2024-03-22 at 2.30.09 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3

dsavageED
Contributor III

Have you looked at the install log on the Mac? Does the package fail when manually installed? The jamf log is all well and good, but you probably want to have a physical test case that you can look at the local logs of to work out what is going on.

Bol
Valued Contributor

What version are the air's on, 10.13? Try using packagebuild (built-in) over composer to create the package, note I saw this returned;

productbuild --component /Applications/minecraftpe.app ~/Desktop/minecraftpe.pkg 
productbuild: Adding component at /Applications/minecraftpe.app
productbuild: Inferred install-location of /Applications
productbuild: Wrote product to ~/Desktop/minecraftpe.pkg
productbuild: Supported OS versions: [Min: 10.13, Before: None]
defaults read /Applications/minecraftpe.app/Contents/Info.plist LSMinimumSystemVersion

Less likely;
- Jamf Admin can calc the checksum for you
- Check the package doesn't have OS restrictions.

Bol_1-1711718674661.png

All else fails, use quickpkg from the legend..
https://github.com/scriptingosx/quickpkg

quickpkg /Applications/minecraftpe.app

CSCC-JS
Contributor III

Removal Script

#!/bin/zsh

# Delete Core App
rm -rf "/Applications/minecraftpe.app"

exit 0

Instead of using composer to make a pkg file.
I install it to the machine, do not launch it, drag it in to composer.
Permissions - Set the owner to root / group to wheel, and the rights to Mode 775
Make a DMG instead of pkg.

Create a policy to run that script to remove the current version, and extract the version you wish to install.